Just smashed my toe

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by igotyofire, Jul 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. igotyofire

igotyofire New Member

Now it hurts and i cant move it, or feel it that much, i think its broken or sprained, I hit it on a Tile step while sorta running barefoot in my house. Now i was more curious if anyone had experience with toe related injuries, I dont really wanna go to the doctor becuase i heard all they tell you is to try and not bend it and rest it as much as possible

2. cavefish

cavefish You ain't a crook son, you just a shook one

Just put some ice on it.

3. TheMustafa

TheMustafa hook 'em

broken toes arent that big of a deal, as long as there does not seem to be significant deviation from normal position, indicating dislocation or a severe break that would require surgical intervention. as long as you dont have missalignment, the most they will do is "buddy tape" it to the toe next to it for support while it heals. judging from what you said, its probably a sprain or a minor fracture, but the most you can do is just ice it and let it heal. you can "buddy tape" it if you want.

things to watch out for -
    it may be possible for blood supply to the toe to become damaged. if this is the case, it will start to look dusky and may start turning black. when you press on it, the color will not return quickly and the yellow spot will stick around. if this is the case, get to a hospital tonight, or it'll become infected and you might lose it.

4. igotyofire

igotyofire New Member

well im going with its fractured or broken since i have no lateral sideways movement and still scared to try and even bend it as i can a lil but feels like its going to hurt alot, My last question is tho is do you know how long somthing like this would take to heal? As i called off from work for the weekend , and would like to go about my normal day to day life ASAP

5. TheMustafa

TheMustafa hook 'em

prob 3-4 weeks to fully heal. tape it to the toe next to it, and advil will be more effective at stopping the pain vs. tylenol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.