Just setup up a new firewall...SmoothWall

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Little Spunky $#!T, Nov 18, 2004.

1. Little Spunky $#!T

Little Spunky $#!T :cool:

I finally got my firewall all setup and now I want to know if its doing whats its suppose to do. I was wondering if anyone here had the software/skill/whatever to test out my firewall. No I'm not tryin to hoax you into hacking my system so I can press charges, I just simply want to know if it works. If anyone is willing to help me out on testing this please PM me and if I feel like I can trust you I'll give you some IP info.

And if no one here is willing to do this for me, can you at least point me in the right direction to some software that I can use to test out my firewall?

2. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

i'll portscan you... but that's as much as I'll do.

3. kingtoad

kingtoad OT Supporter

I know a penn. tester that could do a security assesment on your network. I doubt he'll spend much time with you considering he'll be doing it for free. His average assesments take about two weeks to complete, your assesment will probably take 15 minutes, so don't expect marvelous results. If you PM me your static IP address, a list of services and software running on your network, I'll throw him a message on monday morning and if he's not busy he'll run an assesment.

4. Little Spunky $#!T

Little Spunky $#!T :cool:

Is it possible to have this guy email me?

Last edited: Nov 24, 2004
  5. badguy106

badguy106 Location:Tn

6. yogip

yogip Guest

you won't need to test it. just make sure you keep it updated and it will work well. i've been using it for years and never had a problem. the stock config is tight, as long as you didn't miss with too much, you should be fine.