MIL Just saw Harsh Times again. v. thoughts...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by origin unknown, Dec 4, 2009.

1. origin unknown

origin unknown OT Supporter

It is wierd being a Vet and seeing how many parallels they got right in this movie with my emotions and what its like to go back to your friends and "be back on the block" again. I don't know I saw combat and although I have do not suffer PTSD in anyway that could compare to Bales I did know guys who could snap like him (the traffic scene for example.)

I guess when I first watched it I was to busy being critical but after watching it again I found it depressing in so many ways because I know there are guys like him out there just losing there fucking minds over nothing. The thing is if it's not suicides taking away my friends who came back from my last two tours it's suicidal behavior that gets them and even I am guilty of this when I got a DUI after wrecking my car speeding off an off-ramp. Not my best moment but that was 3 years ago and I was 20 years old with a purple heart missing a couple friends not legitmately knowing how to handle what I had been through. Everyone made it seem at this point "I could do no wrong" and "you're a hero to our country" and thats so much to take in when you know that the way people die over there is horrifyingly real with no glory to be had. I know how stupid it was and I grew immensely from that experience but its been literally every month I find out about how so and so died and its all pathetic.

2. Scrooge McDuck

Scrooge McDuck OT Supporter

why do people always assume that being in the military = you definitely have PTSD

3. pmoney

pmoney OT Supporter

saw this movie for the first time the other day, christian bale always seems to get these roles where he's half psychotic.

definitely interesting

4. origin unknown

origin unknown OT Supporter

I definitely don't and I have always been skeptical because the guys who claim they have were usually turds just trying to get out of work but now seeing it take some guys who I knew were legitimately squared the fuck away I don't know what to think anymore and now I know that there is a problem that is deeper seated then I previously thought.