Just replaced control arm - Now have 2 weird noises

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Flea420, Apr 1, 2007.

1. Flea420

Flea420 New Member

This is on a '92 Toyota Celica ST
    Front/left lower controll arm was severly bent and twisted. My brother (the owner) was going through 2 front tires every week. The fdriver side tire would wear on the outside severly.

So, today I replaced the controll arm with a used one. It straightened out the tire and it visually looks a ton better. But, when driving it has an odd clicking sound that gets faster the faster you go.

Also, after 50mph their is a loud "Whomp Whomp" type of noise and vibration in the car.

I'm thinking the noise at 50mph could be the tires, since they are now sitting where they should be but are still severly worn on the outside (they will be replaced tomorrow). But, if thats not the reason for such a noise, what could be? And about the clicking sound?

Any help is much appreciated.

2. huntz0r

huntz0r New Member

My first thought is one of the bushings on your used control arm is shot. But that doesn't seem like something that would have a tempo to it.

3. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

The clicking sound is probably a damaged CV joint.

The vibration is probably a badly imbalanced wheel.

Two front tires a week? Holy shit; how did your brother justify driving the car at all with that kind of damage?