COMIC just re-read jim lee's superman story arc

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Draven2575, Jun 20, 2007.

1. Draven2575

Draven2575 Taking one responsibility at a time

[what the FUCK]

no excuse, not even the artwork could save this shit
    i mean what the hell was the story even about?

about the only thing i got was superman being all emo cause people disappeared. and he doesn't know, then it comes out he created the device that took random people into the phantom zone?!?!?
    wtf? and a stupid battle between him and wonderwoman/and then there's that shadow government/agent.

could someone shed a bit of light.

2. Highlander_77

Highlander_77 Wicked smaht

I actually just read this myself.

Spoiler warning...in case anyone cares....

Basically, Superman re-made the Phantom Zone into a sort of paradise that he could send the people of Earth to in the event that some gigantic catastrophe were to befall the Earth like what happened to Krypton. Then he somehow suppressed his own memory of what he had done (I don't recall how or why exactly). Somehow the device for sending people there got sent back to Earth, and fell into the hands of some bad guy in the Middle East, I guess. Naturally, anyone who didn't know what it was actually for would just assume it was a weapon that made people vanish into thin air...so of course the government wanted it, as did that General (Nox, or whatever his name was).

Of course, General Zod was still in the Phantom Zone (one of the cooler moments in those books is the panel at the end of one of them where Zod reveals his identity...), and he has his own plans...mostly involving getting revenge on Superman.

I don't quite get the significane of the priest being made into a killer Cyborg like that Equus guy...I don't know if that gets followed up on in a later storyline or what. There were some other things in there that I thought were a little confusing too. Overall, I wasn't impressed by the story, but I didn't hate it either. I mainly picked up those issues for the Jim Lee art anyway. :o

3. Draven2575

Draven2575 Taking one responsibility at a time

yeah, they do say why he 'just forgets'
    and why wonderwoman wanted to stop him (i guess she thought he would die/or the device was too dangerous for him to have)
    not to mention his parents being in the phantom zone (robots/along with a clark robot).