SRS Just Quit

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by jujai1, Jul 29, 2004.

1. jujai1

jujai1 New Member

so i just quit taking ecstasy. i know it's not physically addictive but mentally, it's a different story. i've been rolling for 4 years so it's hard to break the habit. my body does not want anymore but my mind does not want to stop. i am so tempted to start again but i've been strong.

2. nukegoat

nukegoat New Member

Around my circles, we have a saying... "sick and tired of being sick and tired." It sounds like you've decided to change some things about your life. You may have not hit the worst bottom possible, but they say you hit bottom when you stop digging. NA is strong nation-wide (and even world-wide!) I highly recommend you hit up a meeting. If you have any questions about meetings or anything, feel free to ask. They are truly the oasis of hope amidst the depression, despair, and destruction that we can do to ourselves.

Best of luck :)

3. jujai1

jujai1 New Member

i thought about going to some NA meetings but i dont want anybody to know of my problems except my close friends. being shy doesn't help either. i'm in san antonio,tx. you know of any NA meetings here?

4. eligh

eligh Go To A Meeting

I understand how you feel. I too was very shy at my first meeting, ask the nukegoat. Once I figured out everyone else there was like me, a lot of those feelings went away, and I felt at home after a few weeks of continued meeting attendance.

This is why Anonymity is the spiritual foundation of all our traditions, what is said in meetings stays in meetings. This means the only people who will know are other recovering addicts that go to NA, and don't worry about them thinking any less of you, recovering addicts are compassionate and understanding people. In addition, many of them have probably done crazier things, had just as many problems, and at one time were very shy about someone else knowing about their own problems as well.

I would suggest visiting NA's website (www.na.org), it's the most technologically advanced website out there, but click on the Regional Links and then click on Texas, and you should be able to find something in San Antonio through the links. If that doesn't work, just go to google and type "San Antonio, Texas Narcotics Anonymous." Let us know if you still can't find any meetings, and let us know what you think if you do attend. I HIGHLY reccomend you go, it could save your life. You can just go sit in the back of the room and not say anything to anyone, you aren't required to speak, it's your choice.

5. nukegoat

nukegoat New Member

http://portaltools.na.org/portaltools/MeetingLoc/

go to that link and it'll point you in the right direction.

Yea, you'll probably end up finding out that NA has been having meetings in locations you never knew about or never even considered. The only people you'll see there are trying to do the same thing as you, so no worries. I was embarassed, but I went early and just stood around looking stupid and people came up and said hi and were nice and everything else. Check them out. Eligh said it nicely.

:)

6. 12xalt

12xalt petrolsexual

going to a meeting will not mean that anyone will know your problems

I was a little nervous the first time I went to a meeting with some friends, but no one asked me why I was there, they just accepted that I was and were nice to me

I've only been to a few, and never on my own, but I've always been impressed and I find the process and the support pretty amazing

just go

7. metoots13

metoots13 New Member

they always told me you couldn't get addicted to LSD - well "they" are wrong, because I was, and when I thought about using, that's the first thing I thought of. Would think ecstasy would be about the same - my mind craved it. hope you're all doing well this week. I'm glad I'm in recovery today, even though I had a relapse, I've got 2 years & 8 months clean this time, and am comfortable in my own skin (finally).

8. Jay487

Jay487 What's Life If You Ain't Enjoyin' It?

as someone who did E for the first time last night, I can say you should be happy with your decision, because I feel like fucking shit right now. I feel heavy chested and have a hard time breathing, and I feel fatigued and drained as fuck.

good luck, stay clean.

9. JP®

JP® New Member

Ive got a friend whos hooked.
    Tuesday night, he took a tab.
    Thursday night, he took 2 tabs.
    Friday night he took 3.
    Saturday night, he took some more, but would not tell me how many.
    I know he has a problem. How can I help him?
    I dont want to see one of my best friends dead. Hes 20 ears old, with a long life ahead of him, everyone who meets this young man loves him.
    Ive thought about telling his parents. Hes promised me he wont do it again until August. I think if he breaks his promise, I will have to tell them.
    I dont care what he thinks of me, (if he gets mad, etc) im sure he will get over it and someday thank me.
    Any one help me out?

10. Team503

Team503 Guest

You cannot force someone to quit - they have to want it on their own. I would encourage you to contact an Ala-Teen or Alanon group in your area; while their focus is on alcoholics, the literature can be equally applied to you. They will be able to help you begin to deal with your friend's addiction.

11. eligh

eligh Go To A Meeting

This pretty much sums it up. Information for finding/contacting both, as well as Nar-Anon, can be found in the sticky "Do I suffer from addiction? Where can I get help?"