Just picked up my hog today, now one of you....

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Subie Driver, Jun 24, 2005.

1. Subie Driver

Subie Driver Eye see what you did there.

Here it is, my new wheels, just got back from my first ride on it, and MAN, is it fun!

[​IMG]

Piaggio BV200, 200cc liquid-cooled 4-stroke engine mated to a CVT, front and rear disc brakes, dual shocks front and rear. I know it's not a "real" bike, but it's sporty, fun, and gets about 65-70 mpg with a top speed of 80 mph. Should be a good started bike, with plenty of fun that I won't outgrow it. And, yes, someday I will get a real bike, probably a cruiser of some sort. Anyways, flame away, I don't really car, I'm happy with it, and it's fun to ride.

2. φ

φ Eugenics is the self-direction of human evolution.

is that a scooter? you had better plug it up, you dont want it to run out of juice on the highway

3. tommo

tommo New Member

Can't say I like scooters at all but congratulations all the same, whatever puts a smile on your face. Keep it rubber side down etc etc.

4. Subie Driver

Not sure what part of 4-stroke you don't understand, but whatever.

I was expecting this kind of responce, I know not everybody like scooters, but I'm not looking to start out on some big cruiser, and on't want a crotch rocket, and the reason I started looking was for gas milage, so this seemed to be the perfect fit for me right now. And it does put a smile on my face, and if, god forbid, the rubber side goes up, I'm riding in full gear. Thanks for the congrats!

5. Jujharoo

Jujharoo New Member

Congrats man, it look NICE have fun with it
    I like scooters I used to have a vespa when I was 14/15

6. mnewell

mnewell Lucy.

Do a wheelie!

7. Subie Driver

Let me get used to riding it first! I think it might have enough power to do it, I'm just not ready to try.

Having fun will be the easy part, especially when it comes time to fill the gas tank. And this is a Piaggio, the company that owns and makes Vespas now. They use he Piaggio name for the sportier scooters. I'm just a little older than you where when you had yours, too. About 16 years older! Yes, I'm a grown and married 31 year old man riding a scooter. But I think my maturaty level is still right around the 14/15 year old range; at least that's what the wife tells me.

8. Frequency

Frequency New Member

gratz man, scooters not really my thing but if you like thats all that matters. I ride a buell so i'm kinda in the same boat as you lots of haters.

BTW if i ever saw a scooter doign a wheelie i would piss my self, i want pics and vids if it ever happens

9. Subie Driver

Exactly, to each his own. When I was out on my maiden ride yesterday, there was a guy on a big cruiser coming the other way, big gray beard, little skullcap helmet, and he gave me the low wave, that was cool.

As for wheelies, I saw Vinnie and Paulie doing wheelies on thier hopped-up 50cc scooters on American Choppers. But that's nothing, check out this site!

http://www.scooterracing.org.uk/

10. Subie Driver

Oh, and in case anyone cares, that rear carrier is off most of the time, I just got it in case I might need it now and then. Looks better without it on there, anyways.

11. Ivy Mike

Ivy Mike New Member

scooters are fun.

Comtrary to what many may lead you to believe, thats what this hobby is all about...having fun.

12. Subie Driver

And that was the reason I got this one, it's more of a sports scooter. Drove it over to my parents today, though, to show them, and I put the rear carrier back on. Unfortunately, I didn't put it on quite right, and it fell of while I was riding, and it got all scraped up. Luckily, it was just the paint that got damaged, and not the leather part. But put it back on (right this time), and kept on truckin'.

13. Subie Driver

Nice sig, Ralph Steadman, right? Steadman + Thompson = the win. I remember HST talking about bombing around at crazy speeds on his Vincent Black Shadow, high on mescaline, driving so fast and crazy because if he slowed down or crashed, the Suasage Creatures would catch him

14. McCroskey

McCroskey Jonny, what can you make out of this? OT Supporter

You can probably get the front end up. My old yamaha riva 80 could roll indefinitely
    long wheelies.

And I sort of wish I still had that damn thing to park next to the R6...would be great
    for going down the street to get groceries and stuff. Plus it would further confuse
    my neighbors...

...crotch rocket....sports car....scooter.wtf

enjoy your ride. :bigthumb:

15. Subie Driver

Yeah, I think it can pull the front up, but I haven't ried yet. Partly because I'm still breaking it in, and partly because I'm scared to pop it up still. 21 hp, but it wieghs almost 400 pounds, too. When I brought it home, my upstairs neighbor cam out, and was suprised, he didn't think they made scooters that big. It's about the same size as his Ninja.

16. Subie Driver

17. φ

φ Eugenics is the self-direction of human evolution.

you are one badass mothafucker, i bet you get loads of chicks

18. Frequency

Frequency New Member

no need to hate now :gtfo:

19. Ivy Mike

Ivy Mike New Member

I'd be skerred if I saw you rolling down the street at me. ;)

All you gotta do now is drill holes in the muffler and get some Arlen Ness mirrors!

and handlebar streamers...

20. Subie Driver

I figured that if I was going to look like a dork riding a scooter, I might as well go full-bore. And I'm married, so it doesn't matter what the chicks think. But I think I'm going to skip the streamers, thanks ;)

21. Frequency

Frequency New Member

streamers and wheelies now

22. fknfast

fknfast Coming to a QB near you

full leathers + scooter = awesome haha

23. Subie Driver

It's actually synthetics, not leathers, I wanted the look, but not the price. Figure I'll look cool until I get on the scooter, at least :p

24. dhacmbs

dhacmbs OT Supporter

looks nice glad to see you got gear even though its not a real bike or what ever. so congrats have fun

25. Subie Driver

Yeah, I like my skin where it is, and want it to stay there. Definitely having fun with it, though. Just filled up for the first time today, too; under $5. That's nice. Finally took it out on the freeway, too. No problem keeping up with traffic, I was following a Bronco at 70 mph. But I gotta get used to the wind buffeting before I feel comfy on the freeway. The wind on the chest is fine, it's the buffeting from the side that I was a little uneasy with. But I'll learn.