Just picked up an LG VX9800

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by bradj, Nov 22, 2005.

1. bradj

bradj give him the stick...DON'T GIVE HIM THE STICK!!

Pretty sweet damn phone. Pretty much got everything I could possibly need...it's perfect for someone who wants more functionality but doesn't want to step up to a full-on PDA phone.

MP3's sound really good with my Shure headphones, and not too shabby on the built in speakers. I got it with a 1gb mini SD so there's plenty of room for music, pics, whatever. I took one video which looks really damn good for coming from a cell phone, but the damn thing stops automatically @ 15 sec. :squint:

Reception quality is suberb IMO. At my place I have one bar and the calls come in crystal clear. Oh, and the displays fucking rock. Perfect contrast and sharpness.

Only real thing I was worried about was size, but to be perfectly honest, the profile is only slightly larger than my old SCH-a670 (with antenna poking out). It fits in my front pocket comfortable (but I don't wear tight ass jeans).

Now I'm gonna start fucking around with Bitpim and put some mp3 ringers on there

All in all, I highly recommend.

2. caribou

caribou New Member

You get EVDO and everything with it? I don't think you can beat the experience with mobile web on the 9800. I didn't really realize how much more enjoyable it is not to have to deal with T9 or texting through ABC mode.

3. 98TsiAWD

98TsiAWD New Member

This is why I changed to the samsung a970, unlimited video length (memory limited of course tho..) But minutes, not seconds, lol.

4. caribou

caribou New Member

Keyboard trumps unlimited video. But the Samsung does look nice. Do they have a phone with a qwerty?

Plus, I think the a970 may be overkill for a lot of people. A lot of stubborn folks don't even care about a camera and video is still a leap from that.

5. bradj

bradj give him the stick...DON'T GIVE HIM THE STICK!!

mobile web is nice...I'm an employee so I get mobile web/evdo plus vcast for $7 a month...unlimited of course. the keyboard fuckin rocks...I used to think I could text super fast with T9 but it's not anywhere near as fast as qwerty

I'm actually kinda dissapointed with EVDO. It's leaps and bounds faster than 1x/3g, but it's absolutely not broadband. More like ISDN or something

6. kungfuwoo

kungfuwoo New Member

use it with a PDA or something that renders actual webpages :hs:

7. kungfuwoo

kungfuwoo New Member

i730 PDA phone

8. sting

sting OT Supporter

how are the aim rates on it? is it by text message or is there an unlimited option?

9. Maffy29

Maffy29 Active Member

My sister has that phone and its the best phone I've ever seen. I like it how the phone will read your text messages to you.

10. GreenMonster

GreenMonster New Member

I totally agree. I just got my hands on my friend's and I was expecting it to be a lot bigger than it was--especially given everything you get, I was pleasantly surprised. My brother is talking about getting one after Christmas. Sting, I'm pretty sure you have to get the data plan for all the IM options, etc.

11. sting

sting OT Supporter

is there an unlimited option like on sprint?

some companies factor in AIM in the text message usage instead of being unlimited :sad2:

12. GreenMonster

GreenMonster New Member

I don't think that Verizon offers unlimited texting, you have to buy a data plan and it covers the IM and text messages. :eek3: I'd still go for it though, I've read up on CNet and it doesn't seem to interfere with people's overall opinion on the phone...