Just picked up a new mouse

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Penguin Man, Aug 8, 2004.

1. Penguin Man

Penguin Man Protect Your Digital Liberties

My old Logitech MouseMan decided it was finally going to start dying (it was sticking every so often and just being annoying), so I picked up an MX510. Very cool mouse, almost as comfortable as my MouseMan was.

Anyone else using this mouse on Linux? I can't seem to get the side buttons to work. Scroll-wheel and scrolling buttons work fine, just the side buttons not working (and the little app-switcher button, but I understand that might take some special Windows software to recognize or something?).

2. Penguin Man

Penguin Man Protect Your Digital Liberties

I got all the buttons working now, with the side buttons doing page up/page down and shift+scrollwheel doing home/end. Now I don't even need to move when surfing OT. This mouse is god :bowdown:

3. maczter

maczter Life is trying things to see if they work.

I picked up one of those at Game Stop last night.

...then I put it back down. :) (the only one they had was some :greddy: marbled/pearlescent red color)

Looked pretty cool though. I negelcted to look. Is it cordless?

4. ZetecRacing

ZetecRacing New Member

I have the MX500 and Love it... I am going to get the MX510 for my Gaming system this weekend... Logitech is already working a releasing an upgraded version of the 510 with a higher quality laser in it foe even more percision.