A&P Just ordered D70 in Canada, did I get a good deal?

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by SL1200MK4, Apr 15, 2004.

1. SL1200MK4

SL1200MK4 New Member

Hi OT, I am a noobie in photography, hopefully I can learn a lot here form you guys.

I just ordered my D70, with some bundled stuff. I live in Canada, so, price is in Canadian dollars, Just wondering if I got a good deal, and of course share my happiness and excitement with everyone at OT.

On top of the D70 body and bundled 18-70mm lens for $1899

I also got the following

Extra Battery (Nikon EN-EL 3)
    Sandisk Extreme 512MB CF card
    Lowepro Mini Trekker AW backpack
    A 67mm UV filter
    Basic cleaning kit (lens pen, anti-static cloth)

With discount and everything, I got it for CDN $2335 before tax, and CDN $2685 after 15% of tax.

Do, you guys think this is a good deal?

Compared to the kit that I can get from Henrys here, I got a much better camera bag, I don’t care much about the cleaning kit, more or less minor stuff, the kit from Henrys does not have a lens, and the only thing that I don’t get is a CF reader, which is cheap to buy at computer store.

The accessory kit that they bundled for me is $85 more compared to the $350 from Henrys, but I the Lowepro bag is much better than the Nikon one I think.

Honestly, I still couldn’t believe that I actually did this. This is a lot of money to me, but I been dreaming of a D-SLR for years, and now my dream finally comes true.

Hopefully I will get my camera by Monday. The D70 is sold out everywhere here.

2. sims

sims Guest

Hey SL1200MK4,

Where did you buy that at, what part of Canada?
    $1899 is the going price right now, your Accessories came to an extra $500 dollars...hmmmm don't know if the Access. were worth it. But I don't know that much about cameras either.

I have a F80 and thinking of adding the D70. At least it's cheaper than the D100.

Post some pics.

3. SL1200MK4

SL1200MK4 New Member

Wow... this thread is OLD... I am from Toronto.

Actually BsetBuy had been selling the kit for $1849.99 for a while now. So, $1899.99 isn't really the best deal out there. I know some shops in Toronto is selling a bit below $1849.99 Close to $1800 for the kit.

Actually the deal that I got is a bit different from what I listed above. For example I got the CompuTrekker instead of the Mini Trekker.

Now, I am not too sure about the kit lens though... 18-70mm (27mm x 105mm in 35mm terms) is a great walk around lens, focus is FAST, silent, and optic quality is decent for the money. The dark corner really bothers me at time though.

If I had the choice, I had probably take the 12-24mm from Sigma and 24-120VR as my travel lens. With 70-200mmVR/28-70mm f2.8 sometime in the future.

I don't know what lens you already have, but keep in mind that the 18-70 will not work on your F80.

4. sims

sims Guest

lol didn't look at the date.

:rofl:

5. fade

fade tie your shoe bitch

does anyone know where the d70 is in stock righ now?

6. sims

sims Guest

I think someplaces in Canada still have them in stock.
    Are they that hard to get in the US?