GUN Just ordered a CZ 52 v. C&R crew assemble

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by jeepilot, Jul 31, 2006.

1. jeepilot

jeepilot Banned

Just ordered my CZ 52 and 1224 rnds of ammo from aimsurplus. Woot!

The pistol will be delivered nextday, tomorrow, and the ammo should be here by friday. Next day shipping was like 30 bucks though, which kinda sucks. 15 bucks to ship the ammo. I think in total it was around 315. Not too bad for a gun with basically a lifetime supply of ammo. I'd post links to the website, but my work computer blocks it. I'll post pics tomorrow when i get it.

Oh, and this was using my newly aquired C&R license.

C&R Crew assemble :h5:

2. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington nunc fortunatus sum

:cool:

My C&R is pending, hopefull will be in any day :x:

In for pics.

3. BigBadJohn

BigBadJohn Pay-back time OT Supporter

I like mine.

Although I have not fired it yet :o
    Because i dont have any ammunition :wtc:

4. jeepilot

jeepilot Banned

130 bucks for 1224 rnds. that's pretty cheap. It's slightly corrosive, but amonia windex takes care of that, supposedly.

5. BigBadJohn

Doesnt matter. Im not 21.

So any ammo I get for it, my dad has to be with me.
    And he doesnt like to order online, so it Looks like Im not going to have any ammo for it til the next gunshow, which is aug 25or26

6. jeepilot

jeepilot Banned

Just got it from the ups man. I'll have pictures later tonight. Serial is in the 179xx range. Would anyone know how to look up year of manufacture?

There's some what looks like tape residue on the slide, in two different sections. The slide is blued, so I'm guessing some light rubbing with some oil and steel wool should get rid of it?. DeCocker works fine. The Grips are a little roughed up. I wouldn't quite call it the "excellent condition" AIM rated it as, prolly closer to "good condition". but that's just me.

It's funny, the whole thing smells like cosmoline, and it's leaking out of different places. I'll have pics up later tonight.

7. 01_Cruiser

01_Cruiser An American Classic OT Supporter

Are you sure the decocker works fine? When you're at the range, load the pistol, cock it, point it downrange and try to decock it. I'd say there is a 50/50 chance that it will fire when the hammer drops.

This thread will tell you how to decipher the markings:
    http://www.glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=424321

8. jeepilot

jeepilot Banned

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

After stripping and cleaning the cosomo out, i have found that the barrell has quite a bit of pitting and corrosion. Guess this gun just got put to "trunk gun" duty. or junk gun. I haven't gotten the ammo in yet to shoot it.
    Everything else on it seems fine though.

Question. Does anyone know about how powerful this is in comparrison to other calibers? I've heard quotes of people saying that it's at least as powerful as a .357 mag, as long as it doesn't over penetrate. Anyone know how true that is? I'm thinking of using it as a backup deer hunting gun when loaded with hollow points. You think that'd work?

oh, and the tape residue came off with 0000 steel wool and some clp.

9. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

Man I want to spray my hands with brake parts cleaner just after looking at those pictures :big grin:

Depending on the load expect velocities from 1200-1600fps. It can move a piece some weights of lead as fast as a .357 mag, but the .357 mag doesn't lag far behind it when you step up to heavier bullets like 158gr.

I'd like to see some gel tests from jhp's in that caliber. I'm inclined to say I can make a larger wound with 9mm jhp's though.

10. BigBadJohn

Same exact year as mine.

Got mine at a gunshow for $200 with the holster, 2 mags, and a cleaning rod.
    Guy bought them ni bulk from J&G. The hand select grade. Not too bad of a deal :cool: