A&P Just ordered a Canon A95

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by frinky23, Sep 15, 2004.

1. frinky23

frinky23 Bangle Sackrider

Afer Pentax dropped the *ist DS on us yesterday, I have decided to hold off on getting a digital SLR until I see what sort of reaction, if any, Canon and/or Nikon have to it. The *ist D is a great digital SLR, highly recommended by dpreview, but a little on the expensive side. The *ist DS makes some improvements on the *ist D, shrinks a bit, and is going to retail in the $700-$800 range. It looks like it will outperform the digital Rebel and come close to the D70 for 30% less. Since I have access to a few Pentax lenses, it is an attractive camera. But I will wait to see what Canon and Nikon do because I don't actually own any lenses.

So anyway, I just ordered an A95 and 1GB compact flash card for $430 including shipping. I think I got a great deal and should have it in my hands by the end of the week :x:

2. mojito

mojito New Member

you'll definetly be in the minority purchasing that camera, but if you have pentax lenses already, than maybe it'll be worth it. Personally I couldn't stand the *ist. No DSLR should use AA batteris. It was too small, poorly designed and really didn't offer anything new. Canon and Nikon won't do anything in regards to the new Pentax, theres no point, the new Pentax won't hurt their market share. I'm betting in the spring we will see the new Rebel, and Nikon isn't about to release something under the D70.