SRS Just need some advice...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by The Big Eye, Sep 30, 2007.

1. The Big Eye

The Big Eye New Member

Well I've been sick for exactly a month now. I have a number of different symptoms and they are always changing. Some get worse at times and some come and go, and some have gone away all together. My doctors have no clue what is wrong with me, all the tests I've gone through (blood, CT scan, etc) have all came back normal.

I'm at the point where all of my paid time off hours at work have been used up. Now this coming week I have to make the choice of either going on disability or having my doctor clear me for work. If I go back to work the plan is to get some more meds and tough it out and hope all of this goes away soon. If I go on disability I know my employer is gonna be upset because they really need me there.

They've been more than understanding of me being sick thus far, but I'm afraid that if I miss more work then they're going to replace me and I won't have a job when I'm ready to work again. This is really bothering me because I love my job and about a week before I got sick they gave me a really good raise. This is probably the best paying job I've ever had and I'm willing to go back to work sick in order to keep it. But I know I'm also risking my health if whatever I have gets worse.

What would you guys do in this situation?

2. MrYads

MrYads New Member

Any idea as to what may have caused it? Anything happen to you before you started feeling sick?

I'd probably do what your av is saying to do.

3. The Big Eye

The Big Eye New Member

Not sure what could have caused it, at first I thought it was food poisoning but that would have been gone by now. I smoked a lot of weed but I've done it for a while with no problems.

And yea I've thought about smoking while sick, but the problem is mostly with my head now - so I think the sensation of being high would make me feel worse...however I haven't tried it yet.

4. 00600

00600 New Member

A lot of undiagnosable health problems are psychosomatic. It may have started out as food poisoning or a flu and moved on from there.

It all depends on your symptoms.

I was extremely sick for several months, flu like symptoms, puking every time I tried to eat, fevers, chills, hallucinations about bugs crawling on my skin, feeling like my legs were on fire. Nasty shit.

It all ended up being symptoms of my body trying to rid itself of a rapid cell mutation/growth.

I went through teams of doctors, nobody could figure out what it was, until one doctor saw something odd on a chest x-ray.

I'm in no way inferring that this may even remotely be your problem.

I'm just trying to say that your symptoms don't always reflect the true problem.

Acid reflux had nothing to do with my disease, it was just my body telling me something was wrong.

Write down what you've been going through for the last year, write down all your symptoms- even the ones that seem unrelated.

Try to relax, on your days off, just chill out, read a book, relax in a hot tub. Remove the stresses from your life. Quit smoking weed, cut back on the coffee and stimulants. Let your body get back to homeostasis. Try it for a month or two and see if it helps.

Meanwhile get copies of your medical files and find a different doctor. Find someone you can talk to.

Take it easy, and good luck.

5. A Cow

A Cow OT Supporter

how is your mental state..

i get flu like symptoms when i get hardcore depresed.. :shurg:

6. The Big Eye

The Big Eye New Member

I've never really had problems with depression, I was pretty happy prior to getting sick so I don't think im depressed.