LGBT Just Need People To Talk To

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Lilghettothugx, Apr 29, 2006.

1. Lilghettothugx

Lilghettothugx New Member

I have been having problems with my sexuality. I know I am bisexual but I just want to tell someone in real life that knows me. I just don't know what to do anymore. I mean I can't come out for the fact that I would be hated by everyone at my high school until I graduate. Hell...even my town would hate me. I dont live in that big of a town so news spreads really fast.

But my only problem is there aren't any good looking bi or gay guys at my school or where I live so basically I see it as "What's the point in coming out?"

I just don't know what to do and I desperately need someone to talk to.

Why did I have to be born like this? I HATE it.

2. Lilghettothugx

I mean I don't feel the "need" to come out. I just want to get it out of me. I'm tired of holding it all in. I'm tired of being in that uncomfortable situation when someone gets right in my face and asks me if I'm gay or not. I jsut want to say, "Yes....I'm gay"

But I CAN'T!! I'm SOO afraid of what people would think I would rather die than let anyone know. My dad would think of me as an embarasment to the family (He already despises my gay Uncle) and I could just imagine how he would feel about me. Both of my bros would hate me, all of my friends would hate me and wouldn't wanna hang out anymore.

Thsi si why I say I wish I was never born this way. Why couldn't I have just been born liking women ONLY. Not attracted to ANYONE else.

God damnit I hate this!

3. Lilghettothugx

I have never personally seen or even talked to him before. All I know is that he works the night shift at the local Walmart.

And I'm only 16...no car...no license...so even if their was a support group, I couldn't even go to it. Much less the fact that I WOULDN'T want to go to it.

Something else I seem to find wierd about myself is that gays that talk with high pitch voces or walk or do actions and stuff like girls do...I wish they would just die. I mean IMO it's those people that make straight people hate gays. I mean I am like your average joe. I dress nice, talk in my normal voice, play sports, listen to heavy metal...I mean if you met me...you would NEVER suspect that I was gay. Except for the fact that I haven't had a girlfriend in a little over 2 years now.

4. RedGoober4Life

RedGoober4Life New Member

It sounds like you are still insecure. Coming out won't change this.

5. Lilghettothugx

Insecure about what?

6. ExDelayed

ExDelayed New Member

Your sexuality. Coming out while you are still fighting your demons is just asking for trouble. :noes:

7. Sam Gamgee

Sam Gamgee Every tool is a weapon if you hold it right. OT Supporter

Ask your parents if you can talk some stuff out with a psychiatrist...

Seriously, just talking to someone will be great... and they will give you great advice.

8. Ivy Mike

Ivy Mike New Member

and a psychiatrist must keep things confidential so there is no need to worry about things getting out.

9. RX Bandit

RX Bandit Sell You Beautiful »

For the guys that didn't admit to themselves from the beginning they were gay or bi, it seems pretty common in your late teens when you finally accept it to think that EVERYONE is going to shun you or hate you if you tell them. Each situation is different and of course it completely could happen but it most likely is just overly reactionary. You have to realise sooner or later that these people who have gotten to know you real well over the years judge you for who you are as a person, and not who you are sexually attracted to. If they can't deal with that one tiny aspect of your life they really aren't your friends; and if it is family that can't stand behind you, they failed. Not you. Better to be hated for who you are RATHER than loved for who you are not.

Don't feel like you need to come out, especially at the point you are at right now. If you aren't completely cool and confident with yourself how do you expect your friends and family to take it? Sam had a great suggestion, just putting the words out there to someone (legally obligated to keep it a secret is a plus) will help you tackle the next step in your life: being comfortable with who you are. Realising this at 16, a turbulent time for everyone, must not be the easiest thing in the world.

And you shouldn't let the number of cute guys around you dictate how you express yourself to the world. If this is part of your identity, you show it to the world regardless of the looks of those around you.

I hope something up there helped you. You're at a tough age with an even tougher identity issue to tackle.

10. GoDz

GoDz I are a Zionist OT Supporter

I felt way better letting it out, but it seems like I have a much more supportive situation than you do.

11. GND

GND BBP! OT Supporter

Are you going to college? If so is it a ways away from your current city? If so wait until then.. you'll most likely find people like you and a lot more will be open-minded and more accepting.

12. suckmyexhaust

suckmyexhaust New Member

At first... it was hard talking to my parents, but after that occured, I felt a big weight lifted off of my shoulders. The next morning was just a bit nerve racking since I wanted to tell the world, but didn't. I did feel better telling people who love me and that I love as well.

Talk to the ones who really know you and trust them.

If you need help, please come here. Even though you are typing your emotions out, this is a way to relief your stress and the nervous build up that you might have.