Just my Tiburon....

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by Tiburonium, Sep 3, 2002.

1. Tiburonium

Tiburonium Guest

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Some carbon fiber bits
    Eibach Pro-kit springs/dampers
    17" Millie Migilia Evo5s
    Kuhmo rubber

2. Ghost Load

Ghost Load i'll see your kidcarson and geekboy and raise you OT Supporter

3. Praezision

Praezision Guest

Nice clean car, looks like you are done aesthetically, and I assume the drop is from some well matched struts/springs. So give it some ass ASAP and upgrade the brakes when it comes time to replacing your rotors/pads. :)

4. Tiburonium

Tiburonium Guest

Working on brake upgrade. www.precisionbrakes.com

Working on supercharger option. www.alpine-developments.co.za

The drop is the Eibach Pro-kit, (springs/dampers). Still waiting on strut tower bars and anti-roll kit.

For the most part I am done aesthetically. I did install the OEM fogs after the pic was taken. I thought about throwing on a Wings West kit but I kinda like the simple look. It may not be the fastest but once I'm done with the suspension, my friends in auto-x may have something to worry about.

Thanks. :bigthumb:

5. Tenacious987

Tenacious987 Guest

It's still a Hyundai

6. Tiburonium

Tiburonium Guest

:OP: Hmmm... which response to use?

1. You have an uncanny knack for the obvious.

2. Gee, haven't heard that one before.

3. STFU

4. All of the above.

:bigthumb: :gives:

7. Tenacious987

Tenacious987 Guest

Hmmmm...Which response to use?

1. You post pics on here, and someone is bound to flame them. Welcome to OT.

2. I have my opinion, you have yours.

3. You're going to need that "10 year, one hundred thousand mile" warranty

8. Praezision

Praezision Guest

No need to flame for the sake of flaming...when there is nothing to flame.

I don't know what you drive, but I'm sure you wouldn't want people to insult it when there is no reason to.

9. Tenacious987

Tenacious987 Guest

Well, let's find something to flame on my car about. I had a 1998 Mazda 626 ES V6...now I have a new Passat

10. Tiburonium

Tiburonium Guest

1. I've been on OT long enough to know that. Empty comments like yours always seem to annoy me though.

2. Yes that is true. Why don't you post a pic of your Passat.

3. People who don't own or have never driven a Hyundai always seem to say that. Welcome to yesterday.

Passat = family car styling. :greddy: :fawk: :big grin:

11. Tenacious987

Tenacious987 Guest

Yes, a Passat is a family style car. But since I have to drive around from store to store, all across Florida...a Supra wouldn't fit my life. I am an Asst. Manager at Eckerd, and I am on the Store Projects team...we have to drive places. I figured the 'family car' thing would come into play.

I HAVE driven 3 Hyundai's. A S'coupe back in the day, a 2000 Accent, and I think it is a 1998 Sonata. None of them impressed me, but maybe my VW wouldn't impress you.

To each their own, right? And why post a pic of a red Passat. They all look the same?

12. oct678

oct678 Guest

I also have a Hyundai, I like it.

My parents have a 98 Passat 1.8 T that has had NUMEROUS problems, IMO it looks nice but it isn't fast, it is a family car, and overpriced.. all cars have problems.

13. Ghost Load

Ghost Load i'll see your kidcarson and geekboy and raise you OT Supporter

i like the new looks of the tib. i think it is a large improvement over the last design (tries to change subject) still fwd though.

14. Red97GST

Red97GST Guest

FWIW i thought the tiburon design in between that of tiburonium's and the most recent one was hideous. It looked like someone took that car and sent it to rice-r-us for some styling action.

Turbonium, the car looks pretty clean. I always liked the way that tiburon looked, inside and out.

Newest tib is pretty nice looking i think. I dig the rear view. Too bad it's underpowered. It looks like a car that could be rwd too :(

15. oct678

oct678 Guest

I own an old '96 ( = 97, 1st Gen ) which has a tall, clunky shifter (too lazy to get a SS), rattles, and other annoyances.. but I drove a 5spd 4cyl and also the 5spd V6 recently.. I felt like I was in a German car and it was WAY quiet.. maybe it's just me but I prefer cars that are a bit more broken-in! I still like the 1st Gen design the best:

http://www.9billion.net/tibby/august2002/DSCF0018.JPG

16. Axilrod

Axilrod Guest

Good to see you keeping it rice free:bigthumb:

17. Tiburonium

Tiburonium Guest

This is the one I would like to have. It's a 03 model with the Min Garage Kit. (sans the huge wing).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:bigthumb: