SRS just met my ex girlfriends new boyfriend

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by hi, Oct 28, 2006.

1. hi

hi New Member

first off let me just say this was my first serious relationship. so i hung out with my ex today for probably the 3rd time since we broke up. it has been a couple months and i told her i was okay with her dating other people. later i smoked weed with her and everything was going good until her boyfriend(who was her ex boyfriend before me) showed up at the door unenvited. he walks up to me with look on his face like he was going to kick my ass. so i stood up introduced myself and left without incident. did i do the right thing by leaving and not saying something to him? i kinda want to kick his ass. should i even talk to her anymore or just completely cut her off? i dont want to start another relationship with her, but we were friends before we started dating and i would like to continue being friends. is it worth it dealing with bullshit like this though? im confused

2. dave steel

dave steel My Kung Fu is the best.

Obviously she was aware of the tension that his presence created. (You acted wisely.) So would she want to put you through this again...I hope not. I think it's time to distance yourself from her.

3. civicmon

civicmon got all my game from the streets of california.

run... far away from her.

4. onedownfiveup

onedownfiveup Active Member

There's obviously more to the story than being told. She made a decision to date him. There's no reason for you feel the need to kick his ass. There really should be no tension between you and him because he dated her before you unless you stabbed him in the back or something. The only tension you should have is if you still have feelings for her. If you don't there shouldn't be any tension.

5. Pringles

Pringles New Member

yes please do. She obviously wants incident and is trying to smuther you. Way to be the champ and walk away. Not as easy as it seems, but inside you become stronger than you think because you didnt sink to his level.

6. CaptainSerious

CaptainSerious Member

I think you did the right thing. It takes better man to deal with these things in a mature way.
    I know this might sound harsh but you need to give yourself space from her. No matter how much you want it, you can never go back to being friends with her in the same way. Friendly, sure but best buds, no.

7. Crush

Crush Epidural hematoma up in this bitch

Meeting a serious Ex's new fling never ends well. You did a marvelous job of controlling yourself.

8. MudRacer4x4

MudRacer4x4 New Member

its fine. be cool with the boyfriend and keep in mind it must be weird that your around and i'm sure he feels threatened. Still be her friend I think

9. nukegoat

nukegoat New Member

yeah that's always beat. time for new friends, keeping old stressful friends is useless.

10. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Not that she needs your permission.

Weird.

What a dumb ass. I assume you were at HER place, right? I assume her bf wouldn't show up at YOUR place. Ok, here's why he's a dumb ass if he wanted to kick your ass: you were obviously there because she wanted you to be there (you were smoking pot together, it's not like you forced your way in, I assume). Why would he kick YOUR ass when the GIRL is the one who wanted you to come over? Because he's an illogical dumb ass. It's like if you catch your woman cheating on you willingly and you beat the guy's ass... it makes no sense. It's not his fault. Same logic here kinda. It's not YOUR fault you were over there. Why should he want to kick YOUR ass?
    Good job. The guy's probably a douche and you had no reason to stay.

Why? Because your ex likes him? See two paragraphs up from here. It makes no sense for you to kick his ass.
    Give it time. You can be friends and not hang out all the time. It sounds like this is a new thing with her and her new ex (new bf). Give it time to sink in. But if the guy is a huge douche and they're going to be together a lot, I wouldn't hang out with them probably.

11. Arclight

Arclight Hypercube

So simple, yet so hard for people to understand :mad: