MIL Just how hard is Marine basic training?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by ///, Sep 25, 2006.

1. ///

/// Born and raised in Ohio

I'm in good shape, and pretty strong. How tough is Marine basic training?

been an athlete all my life, so I'm not some fatty.

and before going into basic training what do you guys think I should be able to do before i go? i mean like run 10km, or do 100 pushups type of thing.

but waking up at like 4 am or whatever it is, is going to piss me off more than anything...if i choose to enlist

and whats the hardest part of the training?

2. IEDJunky

IEDJunky Member

Bootcamp is more mental than physical. The Marine Corps goes with a "crawl/walk/run" progression when it comes to P.T. Bootcamp is mainly about getting rid of your "me" mentality by ridding you of individualism. Somebody screws up, everybody pays (in the beginning, mostly). It isn't so much about individual achievement as it is about the unit.

3. kidhero

kidhero not really a hero, really just a big fat phony

you'll cry the hardest cause you're just stupid strong

4. PlutoBHG

PlutoBHG New Member

have you seen full metal jacket?

private pile passed ;)

5. h0tsi1k

h0tsi1k New Member

It'll be fun.

Just realize that nothing is going to get any better and the best thing and only thing you can do is laugh about it. It IS fucking hilarious

Couple fights, getting smoked, watching others get smoked, sleeping at church on sunday, stealing bread and cookies from the chow hall, writing mail during lights out, sneaking into the officers office to make midnight phone calls to ex-gf, sleeping in the squad bay during that one-week-work-schedule-that-I-forgot-wtf-it-was-called, sleeping under the rack during rifle cleaning (hahahah), looking at at the San Diego hills during firewatch wondering wtf the rest of the world is doing, graduation fridays when all the hot sisters and milfs come to see other recuits graduate, and then graduating.

6. shiba

shiba Active Member

every branch in the military trains you till success. Unless you're retarded and don't know left from right, there is no way the military will kick you out of bootcamp. They just spend too much money sending you there to do so.

I went to army basic myself so i'm not sure if its the same, but the hardest part was the first two weeks. Thats when they give you all these classes which are ridiculously hard to stay awake in and you don't get to do any of the cool stuff yet.

7. Fedaykin

Fedaykin New Member

not all that bad if you keep a positive attitude, its just long as a motherfucker.

8. djbuzzfuzz

djbuzzfuzz OT Supporter

Piece of cake.
    We have chix that make it thru

9. Socrates

Socrates New Member

Every other day? I only ran in boot camp maybe 10 or 12 times.

10. carpet muncher

carpet muncher New Member

:eek3: I think we ran everyday except Sunday (excluding phase II...more time in the field meant less PT)

11. Jyokker

Jyokker The trouser snake is very aggressive. It will corn

All of your life? I beg to differ... I think that at some point you couldn't even crawl, were completely helpless, and tiny. I would be willing to bet that you weren't even a cute baby, probably the infant that wouldn't stop crying.

I'm just screwing with ya... ...unless you really want to screw... ...gross.

12. bigfodee

bigfodee Active Member

its not gonna be fun. then after you leave, youll think it shoulda been harder.