MIL Just got word from the ATC managers conference:

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by clever_username, Nov 22, 2005.

1. clever_username

clever_username Active Member

If you're in uniform, you will be going to iraq, afghanistan, or pakistan. i'm actually looking forward to this. when i get to NAS Fort Worth, i'm volunteering. this is just for us navy air traffic controllers i'm guessing. we're taking the job from all the marine and army controllers in country. apparently we go to some army base in texas first for some weapons familiarization, boot camp type stuff, then off to quantico for a little more in depth training. from what i hear, it's 4-6 months of training. anyone heard any more info than this?

2. DaRkPhAnToM

DaRkPhAnToM FML OT Supporter

shit im not that far from quantico at all. let me know if you want to hit up a bar or something and need a battle (drinking) buddy :mamoru:

3. TRN

TRN Well-Known Member

Could be interesting. :dunno:

4. Rodthrower18

Rodthrower18 New Member

You at MACS-24 ??

5. clever_username

clever_username Active Member

I'm a navy air traffic controller. our rate (mos for everyone else) is AC. i'm currently in norfolk, virginia, but will be transferring to fort worth in about 1.5 months. anyways, they want us to supplement the marines, who supplemented the army, as both branches have been there too long.

and from what i'm told, only one marine controller has been KIA. now i expect a few more casualties than that from us squids, just cause we're not experienced in combat environs.

6. Insdav3

Insdav3 Guest

everyone in uniform from your unit or what?