SRS Just got prescribed "trial" dosage of Xanax . v.wrongforum?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Papa Sil, Oct 20, 2009.

1. Papa Sil

Papa Sil Privileged User

MODS: I wasn't sure if I was able to post this sort of question in here. I figured since I had a thread that had something to do with this outcome, it would be acceptable. Let me know if you want me to delete. Thanks!

Hey guys. You all have helped me out a lot lately and am forever grateful :bowdown:

In spite of not having any med. ins. I went ahead a saw a doc. that my dad told me about. This visit was regarding to my constant anxiety and how I could never "settle down," always going nuts in my head, etc. After a long talk with this doc, he tells me that, among many other things, I have too much going on with me to not take action and get to a psychiatrist or psychologist - I forgot which one, he referred me to one, anyhow,.

For the time being, he set me up with this off-brand 0.5mg Xanax stuff. Said it will hold me over until I can get the help I'm looking for and will also aid in my getting to sleep easier (see thread down the page)

Anyhow, I'm not used to taking drugs and used to be primarily against taking them until just recently when I started to not be able to take it anymore.

So with this Xanax thing, what exactly am I expecting? I know this is a broad subject. I'm just looking for a ball park here. I took one over and hour ago and feel no difference. Would I feel something when this stuff starts working? Is it just doing something in my head? My mind is still driving me insane so it's not like that's cooled down at all.

I know these are all questions I should've asked the doc., but in full disclosure here, I didn't want to because I ultimately didn't want to start taking medicine. Like I said, though, I'm at my wits and and convinced myself to at least give it a shot.

If you need information about me to help answer my question.... I'm 6'1" ~210, on an antidepressant (I told the doctor this), I'm known to have a high tolerance with anything. I was once in the E.R. after an accident and was told how they had to pump me with a lot more pain stuff than a normal personal before it would take. I drink socially and very rarely, but when I do it takes me a lot to get "drunk," though I VERY rarely get to that point... I think that's about it.

Again guys, I appreciate everything so far. This place has turned out to be a great resource for me and has helped me tremendously.

2. Papa Sil

Papa Sil Privileged User

I absolutely love OTTA :love: Thank you so much for your input.

Not that it would differ your response, but I take

- BuPROPion SR 150MG TER (SANDOZ) #60. Generic for WELLBUTRIN SR

My mom, when talking to her about all this shit that's going on, mentioned that I should ask for a higher dose of that. Good idea? I know it has made a difference in my head, but I still have frequent bouts of depression and apathy.

The 1 pill I took of the Xanax thing still hasn't made me feel a difference. Should I take one more, or would that be considered a :nono:

Also, if you don't mind briefly going over what you mean by "antipsychotics."

edit: SORRY. just saw you said send a PM :o

3. Papa Sil

Papa Sil Privileged User

Fuck! I took another one and have had two before over the course of about an hour... Will I start feeling sick before thing happens? I'm scared to go to sleep :noes: :rofl:

4. Papa Sil

Papa Sil Privileged User

First, I need to clarify. In my previous post I meant to say, "...I took another one and have two BEERS over the course of about an hour." :rofl: So I really had only take what I stated before, but was then freaking out after having had the 2 drinks after you told me how bad of an idea it is to drink while on this medication.

Again, thank you for the help. The reading thing is about as impossible a task as it gets for me at night. I do listen to music set on low volume when I try and get to sleep.

I say that about the reading because, like I had said in an earlier thread, I have so much shit going around in my head that is some times drives me to tears. The constant "chatter."

Now back to this Xanax stuff... I don't think it does a thing for me. I have noticed no difference thus far and am still as much a pain in my own ass as I was before. I'm going to try and head back to the doc. this week before I go completely nuts.

p.s. thank you offering to call and help me out. That was very thoughtful and I genuinely appreciate the offer. :wavey:

5. mocha2184

mocha2184 I have spiral bullets

Idon't know how wound up you feel, but I've been able to address what I perceive as a "hyperactive and noisy mind" nutritionally with some amino acid supplementation.

I've been taking L-glycine and it really helps me stay calm. Your body uses L-glycine as a inhibitory neurotransmitter, I take 1g in the morning and 1g at night. Helps me keep focused and mute out all the background noise that I usually have in my mind.

Try it, it's cheap, it's safe, its not pharmaceutical, it's food based and it's non addictive. I don't know if it's going to be strong enough to help you, and it will probably only be effective if you're deficient but most psychs would never think to test you for a nutritional deficiency. I think it's worth a shot.

6. Daria

Daria New Member

You might want to see another doctor to get a second opinion as to what you should be taking instead of shelling out to see a psych. My family doctor was able to medicate me properly himself based on his assessment of my symptoms as I described them. I am currently on a combination of Celexa and Wellbutrin. I was on Celexa for two years, but was still experiencing some unprovoked anger. The Wellbutrin seems to have taken care of that.