Just Got My MacBook

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by NovedYarg, Aug 9, 2006.

1. NovedYarg

NovedYarg Drinks Their Kool-Aid

Posting for the first time on my new MacBook. So far I love it! I'll post up pics later. I opted for the black and got a black iPod nano as my free iPod. Both arrived today: MacBook from FedEx (wasn't scheduled to deliver until tomorrow) and iPod from UPS. :bigthumb:

2. MUDFISH

MUDFISH New Member

I'm jelous...

3. Kid A

Kid A '06 UK Crew

Sweet. I might have to take advantage of the rebate deal if I can manage to scrape the cash together for a MacBook :bigthumb: I have no real need for one, but they look sweet and if it means I can surf the interweb on the toilet taking a dump, it's worth every penny. :rofl:

4. NovedYarg

:werd: to your mother!

5. Kid A

Kid A '06 UK Crew

You finding the screen a perfectly good size?

6. NovedYarg

I love the screen size. It's nice and compact yet big enough that I don't have to strain my eyes. Perfect mix of form and function if you ask me, and it's so crystal clear.

7. Kid A

Kid A '06 UK Crew

What spec you got? 1.8/2.0, RAM etc.

I'd like a 1.8 with 1GB and 80GB HDD. :bigthumb: That would be sweet for surfing on.

8. NovedYarg

2.0, 1GB RAM, 80GB HDD. :bigthumb:

Also went out to Best Buy last night and picked up a Microsoft Wireless Optical Mouse, Targus cooling pad (sense I heard Mac's tend to run hot, this thing works perfectly for sucking hot air from the bottom of the book so my lap doesn't get toasty, even has extra USB ports), and a nice notebook case.

This is my first Mac but I've used Powerbooks a little when visiting my friend in ATL. I'd say it's on the same level if not a tiny bit (but not really noticable) ahead. I love it :bigthumb:

Only one problem. I set it up to connect to me wireless network and it worked fine when I first posted. Then my program updates finished and I reset. As soon as it rebooted it said it couldn't connect to the wireless network. I tried to fix the problem and for some reason it couldn't. I had to resetup the network and now it says I'm not connected to it, although I clearly am. Has this happened to anyone else?

9. Rumble

Rumble OT Supporter

I just got new white macbook today too :bowdown:

10. alverino03

alverino03 Active Member

Everytime I show my MacBook to someone new, they keep asking me if it is 15 or 17 inches. When I tell them it's only 13, they're like :eek3:. :mamoru:

11. NovedYarg

:werd: It give the illusion of being larger than it really is. I love it!

12. Rev. Johnny Vegas

Rev. Johnny Vegas Rectal Ventriloquist

I've got a Powerbook G4 Rev.D 1.67Ghz with 1GB RAM and a MacBook Core Duo 2.0Ghz with 2GB RAM and the BlackBook is significantly faster (on Universal Binaries).

There are definitely some things I've gotten used to on my PB that I really miss on the MB, like the lighted keyboard, but all in all, I'm very happy with my MB.

I upgraded the RAM and HDD in the MB before I even booted it the first time - went from the standard 512MB and 80GB HDD to 2.0GB and 120HDD with a 20GB partition for Winders and I don't regret it at all.

Two "vital" Macbook accessories:

The Marware Protection Pack, including wrist protection - http://www.marware.com/cgi-bin/WebO...catalogCatID=224&wosid=zZThpF5ViPeBOagHJDL8yM

Radtech's Notebook Sleevz - http://www.radtech.us/Products/SleevzNotebooks.aspx