TAT just got my lip pierced

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by loserpunkx182, Feb 3, 2005.

1. loserpunkx182

loserpunkx182 New Member

i was wondering where do u get ur rings online? and what gauge do they usually pierce it at? i'm not sure how big my hole is right now and i want the ring to be tight on my lip so it doesn't "hang" so much...is a 5/16" too small?

2. brujito

brujito New Member

The majority of piercing are done at 14ga unless you ssay otherwise. Unless your a big boned person like myself than 5/16 should be just fine.

3. Synner

Synner New Member

If it's a fresh piercing, you'll want to keep it big until it heals. Mine always swelled too much, the ring always cut into my lip.....hope yours turns out better.

4. HonkyBean

HonkyBean Guest

5. loserpunkx182

loserpunkx182 New Member

[​IMG]

the ring's really big :hs: i'm keeping it at 14gauge but 5/16" instead...i dunno much about piercings so if i sound noobish..i am

thanks for the help btw:bigthumb:

6. Synner

Synner New Member

Looks good! After seeing it, 5/16" would work fine....how long has it been done?

7. loserpunkx182

loserpunkx182 New Member

just this past tuesday(2/1)

anyone have retainers in before? i need to get a clear one for work..how non-noticeable is it with a retainer in?

8. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

5/16 is a pretty damn small ring for a lip. when i down-size most of my customers i tend to use a 7/16 instead. lip size fluctuates too much depending on how hydrated you are. its always good to leave a slight gap for any swelling that may occur

9. ahtnamas

ahtnamas OT Supporter

Where exactly on your lip were you pierced? On the side, or the labret?

I have a labret retainer, and it's actually not very noticable at all. The outside of the stud has this rubbery flesh-colored stuff, it looks a bit weird if you jam your face against a mirror to stare at it but otherwise it isn't too noticable. At least, mine isn't. Once you have had the piercing in for longer, you should be able to just take it out and go to work and then put it back when you get home, without worrying about it healing up. I wouldn't do that this early, however.

Enjoy your facemetal :)