Just got my license!

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by rsxtypeivtec, May 30, 2005.

1. rsxtypeivtec

rsxtypeivtec New Member

Hey everyone,

just went through the motorcylce training course this past weekend and received the certificate.

Pretty excited to start riding! I've been interested in the GSX-R 600 as a beginner bike...any input on that?

I wanted to find an used bike to start off with, are there any bike sites/forums that you all visit? Or any good classifieds that is worth looking at.

thanks

2. about:blank

about:blank Whether you think that you can or that you can't,

GSXR600 is not a good beginer bike by any means.

It's extremely fast, twitchy and requires a lot of skill to ride fast. I'm not saying that you would die on it. You just won't have any fun on it.

I'd suggest an SV650 instead. It's waaaay more fun for a beginner and can perform just as well as the gixxer. Has a lot more power in the lower revs than the gixxer.

It can also be had for under $5500 BRAND SPANKING NEW!

PS: I ride a gixxer 1000 right now but my next bike will be SV650 (the naked one).

3. Jujharoo

Jujharoo New Member

Congrats dude, If you are confident that you can handle a gixxer or any SS (SuperSport) bike than go for it, but if you feel any less than dont.

I know guys that started on R6s and other 600s that are doing just fine but on other hand you can find plenty of stories where new riders had been killed cuz they bought a SS bike as a first bike. Thou these stories recieve EXTRA attention when a new rider kills/injures himself on a SS bike.

anyway good luck man, hope you enjoy whatever you decided to get

4. Wolf

Wolf No one plans to take the path that brings you lowe

5. McCroskey

McCroskey Jonny, what can you make out of this? OT Supporter

If your only experience is what you learned in your MSF class then I suggest not
    getting a sportbike yet. If you were like me and rode many many miles before getting
    your liscense, know what life is like riding on the streets and have some experience
    then you would probably do ok.

6. ragnarok

ragnarok nuclear launch detected

dooooo itttttt

7. kalipbean

kalipbean New Member

Starting out on a 600 isnt as bad as everyone says, even 250's have enough balls to that where riders might get scared, just TAKE IT EASY, i started on a 600 with absoultey no Msf, no dirt bike riding at all, just my dad which has been riding forever to teach me, and I did fine, just take it easy, control the bike dont let it control you.