MMA Just got my Fuji Gi

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by cswfighter, Sep 15, 2009.

1. cswfighter

cswfighter New Member

First Gi ever so excited to test it out. I will be heading out to Lucas and Leo's gym tonight to check it out hopefully I can get some rolls in. If not I will most likely will be joining soon anyways. http://leovieirabjj.com/

As for the Gi only tried the jacket it on which is a little wide but very durable. This thing feels thick and the collar is strong. Get back to you guys when I actually put some time in it. Came out to about $65 so if its good, I will recommend it as good discount Gi. :x:

2. LOLSTi

LOLSTi DTOM

it'll shrink when you wash it.

3. ZZex

ZZex New Member

avoid hot water (and machine drying) if you want to try to keep the sizing. I got an A2 that fits like an A1 :wtc:

4. Gogoplata

Gogoplata Guest

Mine fits fucking awesome. I shrunk it a few times (didn't shrnk much) and it's glorious.

Great fucking gi. I've had it 9 months, using it 2-3 times a week for 2 hour sessions (including some judo) and it doesn't have any ripped seems, etc..

Best gi for the buck, imo

5. prophit

prophit OT Supporter

Good to know... I've been needing to get a few good backups. :coold:

6. Gogoplata

Gogoplata Guest

Love mine. Blue hasn't faded too bad (vinegar'd it before the first use and about every 4th wash) and the fit is good. I beat the shit out of mine - we train hard - and I haven't had any issues in 9 months with it..

I paid like $70 for it.. $7/month is almost free for a solid gi.

7. prophit

prophit OT Supporter

:bowdown:

8. cswfighter

cswfighter New Member

Alright so first day I wanted to die when it was over because how hot and exhausted I was from GI practice. A few of these guys are pretty good especially the coach (obviously). As for the Gi I love the pants they fit comfortably but the jacket is just to wide all around. I'm guessing it may be for some space when it shrinks after I wash it but its a bit long compared to everyone elses there. Nonetheless if it does shrink then I would say its a perfect gi for starting and the jacket is like fucking kevlar its really durable.

Hoping it shrinks a bit and the fabric loosens up for major WIN.