Just got Madden 10..my complaints

Discussion in 'Gamers' Pulse' started by Ghost of Swayze, Sep 7, 2009.

1. Ghost of Swayze

Ghost of Swayze Ofcourse you mad

I havent played madden in years and im happy/sad

-Running sucks...well mostly the bocking, its tough to follow a block because it usaully never last

-No huddle is garbage...... maybe its just me but my offense wottles to the line and it takes them forever to get set. WTF..why dont they hurry to the line? Isnt it suppose to be a hurry up offense?

-Passing is the only way to win. Pick a random pass play cross your fingers and hope things go your way.

Im i wrong?...please say im just a noob. I really hope this isnt how it really is

Last edited: Sep 7, 2009
  2. jero

jero Let me just put the tip in...

Madden this gen really has yet to "wow" me with the rehash of features that were standard in generations past ( seriously, they touted have the "chain gang" as a feature this year, as well as a halftime "show" and a week wrap up "show" that nfl2k5 had well, 5 fucking years ago, and still did it better. )

I honestly havent been wowed by a football video game in 5 years. I wonder when madden really will drop a game that makes gamers say "Yep, finally, they have raised the bar 2k5 set in terms of playability, creativity, great commentating, innovation, etc."

I thirst for this day.

3. dezymond

dezymond OT Supporter

true. But it's the only NFL game available

4. FunkyMunniez

FunkyMunniez Active Member

Running gets easier as you play. I've always been a passing guy myself, regardless of what year madden it is, but I can run it pretty decently on All Madden. I'm not getting a 250 yard game, but I average 100-150 when I really put my running game together.

:werd: Hurry up blows ass. They take way too long to get to the line.

You just gotta get better at it mang. I was in the same boat as you when I picked up this years copy but I've already started to get the feel of the game back. I do have to say that with passing, this game is more centered around the short quick routes vs a long bomb. Coverage on deep routes is really jacked up and it sucks. I send people like Randy Moss or TO deep and they're covered by shitty corners or safeties like its nothing.

I'm on week 6 of my first season and I've only completed about 3 25+ yard passes (not counting Yards after catch). :hs:

5. MmmmBeeeeer

MmmmBeeeeer New Member

Running is difficult, but you just have to pick your spots and use your RB's style to your advantage. I've noticed that if you get the defense on their heels with passing, that opens up more running opportunities. I've started games where rushing just wasn't working at all, but once i got the passing game moving, I end up with 100+ rushing yards because the defense is looking for passes a lot.

Don't take a big back and try to run a sweep/toss with him. Use big backs to try and power through defenders, and your light quick ones to avoid defenders. The highlight stick (Right joystick) is your friend.

Also playaction can be deadly for the deep routes especially if you have a good running attack going.

My personal favorite for when you need 20+ in a hurry is "QB Sonya Check" out of the 3 wide shotgun formation. The slot reciever crosses the field vertically, and against a zone defense it will leave him wide open downfield, but you need 4-5 good seconds in the pocket to let him get out of traffic. If you run it once though, and you are playing a good online opponent, they will usually catch on after your run it once. I know this play is in the Colts and Cowboys playbooks, and I'm sure it is in many others as well.

The game still leaves a lot to be desired especially with run blocking logic and defensive AI coverage to the flats, but IMO it is the best football game we've seen next gen.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2009
  6. FunkyMunniez

FunkyMunniez Active Member

:werd:

The computer really responds to your plays. Heavy passing will make them look for heavy passing. Running will make them look for running. Like real football, gotta mix it up and be one step ahead of the defense.

Playaction ftw too. Benjamin Watson on the post or corner route after some solid running and bam, TD :bowdown:

7. EscapingJail

EscapingJail Playing To Win

Nfl 2k5 is still the best football game to date

8. Chanandler Bong

Chanandler Bong OT Supporter

amen..

9. Kortiz-DZ

Kortiz-DZ Resident Nigerian Lipper OT Supporter

wtf superstar mode was never awesome...but instead of trying to make it better....they took away from it.

What in the fuck...

10. Kortiz-DZ

Kortiz-DZ Resident Nigerian Lipper OT Supporter

This man knows his fooseball games!

11. Ghost of Swayze

yeah i been doing screen passes, not only does my half back never block, he sometimes stalls and doesnt go out for a catch

12. Ghost of Swayze

the maddens for the psx had more consistant a.i. IMO

13. jero

jero Let me just put the tip in...

The ai is garbage, but the funny thing is, they just CANNOT nail down the commentary.

I just dont understand how a game thats 5 years old ( nfl2k5 ) still beats this game in commentary.

ASIDE from everything else it beats it in.

I think what chips me the most is the fact they got the espn license that 2k had and dont even use it.

None of the real known talent from espn is used, and they made the show called "the extra point" instead of sportscenter, or nfl tonight, or whatever.

I mean what the fuck are these guys doing?

Oh yeah thats right, spending all the cash they are raping from the gamers.

14. Ghost of Swayze

its sad its real sad.

15. Mark Belling

Mark Belling New Member

Madden question Special teams

Anyone know how i can move a DT to the Punt block and FG block teams? I still want the DT to start but i also want him to be on special teams.

16. JT07

JT07 OT Supporter

you cant, madden sucks that way

17. JT07

JT07 OT Supporter

meh its not great and still has alot to work on but at least its playable, none on the "next gen" versions have been complete garbage until this one, i dont like all the9/10 reviews they are getting becasue EA will likely get a big head and shit the bed next year

18. JT07

JT07 OT Supporter

all their work in 2011 should go into the running game, whether it be better running animation, better blocking AI or whatever, all their concentration should do into that

19. JT07

JT07 OT Supporter

also they have done nothing with supersatr mode in what 3 years now? some people like it but most dont say i say scrap and make it into a whole new mode i cant really explain but make every position its own.
    Brand New controler configs for every position
    Examples if you are an OT maybe use the RT and LT to slide
    or if you are a WR you have to use analog sticks to control you receivers hand to try and break a jam or something, new camera angles maybe helmet cam, and not just a generic one but one where you can see yourself inside the helmet and if you are a QB you see your arms throwing thr ball thew whole onfield experience

20. JT07

JT07 OT Supporter

Turn Franchise Mode into NFL Head Coach and you would have epic win

21. Mark Belling

Mark Belling New Member

:greddy:

22. FINALBOSS

FINALBOSS

at least the NFL is looking better for their exclusive deal with EA....MLB can't say the same for the abortions that 2K puts out every year

thank god for The Show :wackit:

23. JT07

JT07 OT Supporter

better maybe but still not good, madden has been dragging their ass for the last 5 years

one of the main reasons im getting a ps3 is for the show, im not a huge baseball fan but i love the show

24. MmmmBeeeeer

MmmmBeeeeer New Member

I agree with all of JT07's posts. Although I do feel that they made a lot of improvements to this year's edition, they aren't up to par with what they had in the last gen games gameplay-wise.

As far as the running game goes, I understand that I won't always get positive yardage, but too many times there is someone in the backfield as soon as the ball is handed off. Not to mention the QB getting sacked before even handing off the ball sometimes...wtf is that all about.

25. Saks

Saks Active Member

the only real reason i get madden is for the franchise drafts.