SRS Just got laid off

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Darkcloud, Apr 29, 2005.

1. Darkcloud

Darkcloud mesohorny

daym, out of nowhere they give us our "30" day notice pink slip. Ive worked hard to get this job 3 years ago wich I thought would be 'job security' (voice/data/programming and maintenance for a school district) Everything was going well too. Got married, bought a new car, apartment. Now Im pretty sure Im gonna move back home. Im up to my arse in bills, I highly doubt I could get a job with the same pay, I gotta find a new type of job. My savings is only enough to last me a few months. Sorry, I just wanted to vent, its just I feel like a loser right now.
    I know shit happens and we move on, but this is too much for me right now. :wtc:

2. civicmon

civicmon got all my game from the streets of california.

My dad got laid off once from a job where he made over $400k in one year alone with that firm.

It's been the best thing he's ever done. My parents started their own bakery after relocating to Philadelphia and are having a blast doing it. My dad will never get into banking again and the way things are going, he won't have to. Their house is almost outright owned, no bills due to the profits in the SF real estate bubble.. it's been a blessing in disguise. He wasn't happy about it either but like most things, they work themselves out :bigthumb:

3. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

I think its a life lesson too you know. NEVER be dependant on assuming you will get a job, economics are always fluctuating, and companies have good/bad times all the time. Never assume you will get or keep a job. That isn't a nice thought , but it is a realistical thought. Also don't CLING to a job exactly for that same reason, same also reason why you should never wait for a job.

4. dmac411

dmac411 OT Supporter

it's a good thing you have a few month's savings. most people dont have that reserve to depend on in hard times.