MIL Just got informed my buddy got fucked up at boot camp...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Insdav3, Apr 13, 2006.

1. Insdav3

Insdav3 Guest

His dad called me to inform me of it. I was wondering why I wasn't getting any letters. During pugil sticks II it's said that he fell and he had his hand on the ground. The other recruit stomped on his hand (or maybe agressively stepped). He has 3 fractures and has to have pins placed his hand. He is going into surgery tomorrow and joining a seperation platoon. He has to stay on the island 2 more months in that seperation platoon before he comes home, because he is getting discharged. They say he can rejoin in a year.

2. Jyokker

Jyokker The trouser snake is very aggressive. It will corn

Nice.

3. kidhero

kidhero not really a hero, really just a big fat phony

When I was in MRP there was a kid that got hurt while doing the o-course and broke some part of his spine. He waited in MRP for 5 months to get his surgery. This wasn't that bad, there was a kid that shared the same bunk as me that broke his hand and waited for 4 months to hear if he will be discharged then was told to wait 4 more months for his surgery and then finally told 4 months later that he would not be able to go home until he recooperates 6 months later. Another kid with a broken leg and fucked up knee was told repeatedly by the base doctors that there was nothing wrong with him even though he could barely walk and was told to wait until he recooperates to rejoin training. He jumped off the third deck to break his leg further to finally go home 3 months after I left boot camp.

There was also another kid in MRP that stayed for 11 months for being hurt during the final PFT and after finally being able to finish it he left boot camp as an E3 because of time in service.

Then there was another kid that stayed for 12 months and 30 days exactly in MRP but had to go home because he could not, for the life of him, finish a PFT. He was not allowed back to rejoin.

I don't know why it was it the way it was and I'm not lying or exaggerting the numbers because I spent a month of my life 24/7 with these people listening to them as they cried at night and they were nice kids but things just didn't go their way.

MRP was the most interesting and surreal time of my life.

4. Insdav3

Insdav3 Guest

Yeah, I could imagine how MRP is... fucking depressing. When I had phmonia or whatever I was at risk for being dropped but I pushed through it. Snot flying everywhere and my cammies seemingly starched from wiping my boogers all over them.

I hope he pulls through :hs: He's mentally unstable at times.

5. kidhero

kidhero not really a hero, really just a big fat phony

I watched and tried to stop kids trying to use mach3 razors to cut themselves to go home. Saw kids hop over a fence and try to run home across the airport. Saw kids trying to pass themselves off as gay. Stood multiple watch for suicide risks.

But all in all, I hope he can cope with MRP. The only thing I can say is stay strong, because even though the days are twice as long, they still end and he will still be going home.

6. shiba

shiba Active Member

dont they use those hockey goalie gloves for pugils? that guy mustve stomped him hard.

We had a kid call the DS a nigger. he was transfered to an all black company.

7. SoCaLlove

SoCaLlove New Member

Geeez, that sucks :(

8. fintheman

fintheman I will ebay O/T!

Just make sure if you get hurt, you are in there for at least 6 months

Early SEperation is not good if you want to get any disability or services from the VA

9. Socrates

Socrates New Member

I can honestly say if I would have been in MRP, I would have jumped the gate and went home.

It would have been the dumbest move of my life, but at the time, if I had to spend any time there not progressing, I would have went nuts.

10. emanuel

emanuel OT Supporter

they still have all black companies?

11. SoCaLlove

SoCaLlove New Member

MRP? I assume that's were one rehabiltates. Whats life like there. I hope I don't injure myself.

12. BillyJackNCoke

BillyJackNCoke I've got something to say, I raped your mother tod

that totally sucks!

We had a guy in Tech School (Air Force) that broke his leg climbing a pole. He was an E-3 when he did it and was an E-4 before they medically discharged him. That's like 2 1/2 years in Tech School

13. mikdavi84

mikdavi84 OT Supporter

we had a guy spend 3 years in AIT when I was there. He joined as an e-1, was an e-4 when he left and was technically promotable.

He fucked up his back.....they tried to discharge him but he wasn't having any of it. He had no place else to go. He finished his training (finally) and is now stationed in hawaii.

14. Jyokker

Jyokker The trouser snake is very aggressive. It will corn

You are being inprocessed the entire time you are at basic/boot and throughout some of your techschool. These guys have to inprocess, wait for that to happen, so they can start to outprocess. They may not do much themselves, but alot goes on behind the scenes. Compund that time with government laziness, red tape, and lost paperwork and I can see how someone can be stuck for a year or two.