GUN Just got home from the beach and said "Has your brother told you yet?"

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by mds2004, Jun 30, 2006.

1. mds2004

mds2004 OT Supporter

I guess my dad wanted an AR15 like me, except he went ahead and ordered a Bushmaster Carbon15 lower and their superlite upper. Will probably get the lower in about two weeks as it has to ship to my ffl and then the 10 day waiting period. I will build it that day for sure, but will have to wait for the nearest weekend for a range report.

I was never too sure about the Carbon15s but at least it was not my money.

2. WiLL

WiLL Active Member

My friend wanted to buy that. But I told him to build his own.

3. islanderman7

islanderman7 New Member

wow go dad

4. 01_Cruiser

01_Cruiser An American Classic OT Supporter

I've never been too fond of the carbon 15's, but after fondling one at a gun show last week, they seem pretty damn :cool:

5. no RRA government no care :dunno:

6. mds2004

mds2004 OT Supporter

Are they actually pretty solid? I was afraid it may be too weak. That is would I would not have bought one, thinking it would seem more fragile than the aluminum.

7. 01_Cruiser

01_Cruiser An American Classic OT Supporter

They seem pretty solid to me. I've seen some where the finish looks like trash, but the one I saw at the gunshow was a really good looking gun. I dont think Bushmaster would sell a gun that was "fragile". I've heard of some having problems with hot loads, but in time, all guns do...

8. PanzerAce

PanzerAce Active Member

I wouldnt think that would so much be a problem with the lower though, would it? after all, if you do something that blows the upper apart with enough force to shatter the CF in the lower, I think the lower would be the least of your problems...

9. cheet

cheet OT Supporter

In california?? How?

10. WiLL

WiLL Active Member

11. striker754

striker754 Chillin

12. Artyboy

Artyboy Necessity is the excuse for every infringement of

13. SnakeEater

SnakeEater OT Supporter

I`ve had one for a bit now.Even dropped off my second story balcony and all it did was scratch it up alil

14. cheet

cheet OT Supporter

Wow, not even worth it. I heard about some shit where you can buy AR lowers that aren't on the CA banned list, register them, and somehow they become legal assault rifles once they are added to the list or something. I'm not sure on the details and if this is ture or not. Anyone know?

15. ahead

ahead New Member

yea its pretty much true. lots of people around here are building them, just about every time i go to the range theres a different guy with his AR.

heres some info:
    http://www.calguns.net/a_california_arak.htm

16. striker754

striker754 Chillin

Not reading all that, but someone explain exactly WHY DOJ must put new receivers on the assault weapons list? Seems they haven't updated it in awhile, why would they do it now?

17. WiLL

WiLL Active Member

Yea there are only a few on the banned list in Cali...like Colt or Bushmaster models. Theres A LOT of manufacturers that produce lowers for us. I have myself a Double Star. When you register them, they are just registered as AR rifles. But they arent "assault rifles." Assault rifles are still :nono: here. So most people will just build their AR receivers to not have the qualities of an "assault rifle". Most common is pinning the magazine down so it is not detachable. This keeps the gun from falling into the assault rifle catagory because of the pistol grip feature on the AR. I also see people getting rid of the pistol grip and tele-stock in exchange for keeping the ability to accept detabable magazines.

Theres more than enough information on http://calguns.net . Including specific links to the laws and a good explaination of them.

18. mds2004

mds2004 OT Supporter

Actually the Carbon lower he ordered is their model with the open magwell. You will just have to fix it like any other open magwell lower. On my DoubleStar lower I have it fixed like this.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Yes I know that is a retarded rule of California, but it is not really all too bad. You get used to it. Now I am just waiting to see what the DOJ's next move is.

19. striker754

striker754 Chillin

so tell me why must the DOJ put all these new receivers on the list when they haven't even been updating it for a long time?

20. 67olds442

67olds442 uhhhh

They don't have to put them on the list, but if they want people to stop buying them they do.

It was a pretty poorley written law from what I understand.

21. striker754

striker754 Chillin

Theres no incentive for them to put them on the list. Obviously they are content with the attached mag weapons or they would enact laws against those.

I still don't understand why the DOJ would do that, its in "their" best interest to keep the receivers off the list so they dont have so many big bad assault weapons running around.