COMIC just got done with my MAX Punisher comics

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Jesterkiller, Mar 28, 2006.

1. Jesterkiller

Jesterkiller ever dance with the devil in the pale moon light?

i have the TPB's 1-4 that are out now. :bowdown: cant wait for the next TPB to come out. anyone else read these?

after reading these i think im gonna pick up the Preacher series :eek3:

2. Icecleric

Icecleric OT Comix Crew

3. Jesterkiller

Jesterkiller ever dance with the devil in the pale moon light?

really good series so far. how is Preacher? every review i read says its amazing

4. Pyrdwein

Pyrdwein New Member

I really enjoyed the MAX Punisher thus far. Definately the best take I've ever seen of the character.

Preacher I thought was good, the main character and his girlfriend were both excellent. Cassidy was great early on, but I didn't enjoy him as much later. The changes in his character didn't seem to fit with how he was originally portrayed, it was almost like they just decided to mess with the character half-way through. As I mentioned in the other thread, the writer of the series really has a thing for mutilation, lots of lost eyes, cocks getting removed, and gay rape had a tendency to pop-up a fair bit. Once or twice was fine, but after a while I thought the guy had some issues. The overall series concept was fantastic and I could really empathize with it, but the ending was a bit abrupt imho. Overall worth a read, but I thought the praise for it was a bit over the top.

Would I recommend it? Yes, but there are better books out there.