GUN Just got done shooting the CZ 52

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by jeepilot, Aug 4, 2006.

1. jeepilot

jeepilot Banned

Man that thing packs quite a wallup. It's pretty snappy. Moreso than the .40 S&W I've shot before. A little less that the .357 mag revolver i've shot. Overall, about as muck "kick" as a .45, but a whole lot snappier. It actually seemed a bit quieter than my 3.9 in barreled sig 228, but that may be because after the 1st shot all i could hear was ringing... (no ear protection, as it was just 2 mags worth, moreso for a function test)

One funny thing is that the freakin brass flies at least as far as my AK does. Minimum 30 ft away and 20 feet in the air. For a pistol, that is quite impressive. Go external extractor:bowdown:, course the 1600+ fps muzzle velocity probably helps.:bigthumb:

I asked this in the other thread, but i was curious if anyone knew about what the 7.62 x 25mm is equivalent to. Maybe .357 sig at least?

2. BigBadJohn

BigBadJohn Pay-back time OT Supporter

From the Pawn shop ak thread.

3. itchiban

itchiban New Member

Cool. I've been thinking about picking up a PA63 or CZ82. I was reading some reviews on the FEG and it seems that when brass is ejected farther than normal the recoil spring is usually worn out. I don't know if that is appropriate for your 52 or any other gun for that matter, but it makes sense.

cheap guns rock.

4. BigBadJohn

I think all CZ52's do that. Or so Ive heard from a couple other 52 owners in the main forum. Ive yet to fire mine. :o

5. Artyboy

Artyboy Necessity is the excuse for every infringement of

They definately shoot the brass far. Don't dry fire it. Because of the design of the gun if you try to dry fire them the firing pin has a tendancy to break. It should last forever if you don't dry fire it, though. You can buy new, milled replacement firing pins online for around $10. These guns are loud, snappy, accurate and fun. Some of the ammo that you can buy for them reaches velocities of over 2000 fps. Now you're in rifle territory :naughty:. I think that they're one of the best handgun values period. As cheap as the guns AND the ammo are I don't see why every gun lover wouldn't want to have one in their collection.

6. jeepilot

jeepilot Banned

They are a great value. For anyone with a C&R this is a must have. One thing about the 1980's surplus romanian ammo i was shooting was that it's corrosive, and dirty as hell. It was a bitch to clean all the powder residue out after only putting 16 rnds down the pipe.

Also does anyone know if this 1980's brass cassed stuff can be reloaded?
    I'm thinking reloading is the only way to get a decent hollow point in this round, and then i don't have to worry about corrosive stuff. and it'll push me over the edge to finally get some reloading stuff. :eek5:

7. Artyboy

You can pick up Wolf HPs. Not all surplus ammo for these is corrosive. I've got some 80's Romanian that's not.

8. jeepilot

jeepilot Banned

I've got some 80's romainin that supposedly is. How can you tell if it is or isn't?

and yeah Wolf makes some Hollow Points and magsafe makes a fuckin wildcat of a round.

52 grain birdshot filled bullet at 2200+ fps.

9. Artyboy

Sportsman's Guide had it in stock before the stuff that they're selling now. They advertised it as non corrosive. I put about 100 rounds through it and didn't clean it for a couple of weeks. It was fine when I finally got around to wiping it down :dunno:.

10. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

Man wear ear protection or you're going to be so sorry when you get older...

11. jeepilot

jeepilot Banned

I normally do wear ear protection, but it was just a run through for function testing. I wear plugs, and sometimes plugs and muffs at the range.

Well the surplus stuff i have has a 22 and 83 head stamp on it, with really dark red copper bullets. i don't have the tin it came in, in front of me right now. but it was bulk stuff from romainia.

12. BigBadJohn

Checked sportsmans guide and the Romanian tokarev ammo there is corrosive.

13. Artyboy

The batch that they had there a month ago wasn't Takorev and it wasn't corrosive. The stuff they have up now is differant.

14. Artyboy

15. BigBadJohn

16. Artyboy

It might last me two or three range trips :mamoru:.

17. jeepilot

jeepilot Banned

That's the stuff i have. I called aim and they said it was considered corrosive, but since it's 1980's manufacture, i'm thinking it wouldn't be that bad

not that it really matters anyway, because my barrell is allready pretty pitted so if i let it go a couple days without cleaning it, it's not like it's going to hurt it too bad.

what i really want is to find a 9x19mm barrell to swap in.

18. sebeck

sebeck New Member

I've been wanting a PA63 and a CZ52 for awhile. I need to get off my ass and get them. It's not like they break the bank. lol Classicarms.us has PA63's with chrome slides for $199 and normal ones for $145. They also have CZ52's for real cheap.

19. san408

san408 New Member