Just got back from watching 2F2F, my opinions and some observations inside

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Laserbeak, Jun 8, 2003.

1. Laserbeak

Laserbeak Remember kids! Be like Billy! BEHAVE YOURSELVES!

I didn't pay to see it, since I had to burn up some free movie passes before the end of the summer, and my brother wanted to see it, it was no big deal to me, since I didn't have anything to really do tonight. :bigthumb:

In terms of entertainment value, IMO, 2F2F does a LOT better in delivering than the first one, although I don't think it's very probable for it go be worse than the previous incarnation. However, some things never change. Paul Walker continues to be a walking, talking billboard, sporting a West Coast Choppers shirt for a heavy chunk of the movie, and a GReedy shirt towards the end. At the other end, Tyrese does a nice job of filling in his character, and is a far cry from his earlier days in acting in "Baby Boy." However, I noticed that it seemed to turn into yet another "buddy cop" movie after the initial confrontation between Walker's character and Tyrese's character. A couple of scenes help fill in the plot holes that TFATF left behind, and as such, I think would be a good way to end the F/F series. We'll have to see if Hollywood will let this series die, or if they'll milk it for all it's worth like many other movie franchises in the past, making spin-offs, TV series flops, and DTV (direct-to-video) productions that you'll likely end up finding in the bargain bin of your local Hollywood Video in 2 or 3 years (i.e. Robocop, Major League).

Some observations:

I like how the Lancer Evolution's motor sounds uncanilly similar to the new engine they placed in the AE86 in "Initial D: Second Stage." :ugh: :squint:

Did anyone else notice that Mitsubishi took the reigns from Honda as the movie being one giant commercial for their cars?

The scene with the showdown between the Evo/Eclipse and the Yenko Camaro/Charger before the race starts is priceless. :rofl: :bigthumb:

I like the Knight Rider plug that they did with the seats in the Yenko and the Charger, that was worth a laugh. :bigthumb:

I also saw another Knight Rider plug with the final scene involving the Yenko. Priceless. (Hint: TURBO BOOST!) :rofl: :bowdown:

The Supra / Pepsi board incident would make a good :Owned: picture. :rofl:

I had no idea Jin was in the movie. Interesting. A friend of mine went to school with him, and he said that he's actually a pretty laid-back guy.

"Nice car, where'd you get that? The bottom of a cereal box?" (one of the boss' thugs' reaction upon seeing the Evo and the Eclipse appear on the compound for the first time) Among the best lines in the whole movie. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :rofl: :bowdown:

The crowd was actually pleasantly mild, and there was no major drama or "OH MY BUDDY HAS THIS!" being spouted out when mentions of engines and cars were being made in the movie, which was very nice. However, the theater smelled like someone just :barf:ed, and combined with some drama in a couple of rows behind me before the movie started (a guy hit his girlfriend pretty hard, all of a sudden I hear this semi-loud THUD, and she was saying "leave me alone!" while she was crying and leaving the theater; ah, High School.), made me realize why I never go to theaters anymore. :ugh2:

The girl driving the pink S2000 certainly does act like she just can't get enough dicks in her ass, as someone pointed out when the spy photos from 2F2F premiered late last year. :rofl:

Of course, judging by the audience, it looked like at least 80% of the audience didn't look old enough to have a license yet, so there wasn't any burnouts or other ricer activity in the lot; everyone left pretty quickly. :bigthumb:

Overall, not a bad movie. In terms of technical knowledge and accuracy, it's certainly no "Initial D," but if you leave nitpicky criticism at the door, it's actually rather funny. Not worth the $8.50 or the BitTorrent download, but if you have a free movie pass you want to use up before the end of the Summer, and you've seen "The Matrix: Reloaded" already, give this a shot.

Of course, it helps to go after all the ricers have gone to bed. ;)

P.S.: IBN****StoleMyBurger jokes. ;)

Last edited: Jun 8, 2003
  2. Muricane

Muricane Active Member

Best line in the entire movie went over most peoples heads:

"You can have that one, it has way too much chrome on it for me" -Brian to his african friend

3. Laserbeak

Laserbeak Remember kids! Be like Billy! BEHAVE YOURSELVES!

That scene had some pretty funny moments. :p

4. you know me

you know me OT where the douchbags play

It didn't offend me quite as much as the first one did. I do love how they didn't use "NAWZ" once.