GUN Just got back from the gun show v. nopurchases

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Gotcha38, Apr 19, 2008.

1. Gotcha38

Gotcha38 OT Supporter

I just got back from a local gun show. I'm shopping around for my first pistol. My gun owning friend Tom was going so I tagged along with him to get some hands on time with the different manufacturers.

I've had a Glock19 in mind for the past month, but after holding it and the other guns I'm leaning more towards a Sig. I liked the way the single stack guns fit my hand better. I also wasn't the biggest fan of the polymer guns that everyone loves. :hs: I also got to hold some Springfield and Kimber 1911's, which I liked, but I think it was just because of the big price tag and general badassedness.

The most eventful thing of the day was meeting Steve Cooper from Paladin Training. (http://www.paladintraining.com/) They're based out of Florence apparently. And in June they're having a two day class that I'm already signed up for. The first day is all intro to hand gun ownership. How to hold it, how to take it apart, how to shoot it, etc. They supply a bunch of different guns if you don't have your own to bring. :cool: The second day is all Concealed Carry class. So in two days I'm going to knock out my two biggest goals. :bowdown:

I am happy with my trip, even though I didn't come home with anything, and I can't wait until June. :)

2. Keesh

Keesh New Member

Sounds like you're ahead of the game. Safety is the most important part of owning guns and professional training is always a good choice. June isn't too far away ;)

3. Gotcha38

Gotcha38 OT Supporter

Thanks man. I can't wait.

I was a little apprehensive about holding the guns and stuff at first, but after I talked to the Paladin guys I got excited. Started asking to see the ones in the cases and stuff.

4. Furner

Furner New Member

I went to the local show today too. Very nice turnout, looks like every available space was filled.

Went to the dealer I bought a tin of 7.62x54R from last year, I paid $45, now listing for $100.
    Times are changing.

5. PlutoBHG

PlutoBHG New Member

good job and excelent idea to try to get a feel for what you want before you purchase...get pics of the training if you can and post!

6. Gotcha38

Gotcha38 OT Supporter

Yeah dude. I'm excited that all the gun training I could ever want is just across town. :bowdown:

7. Gotcha38

Gotcha38 OT Supporter

I'll try to get some pictures taken in June. I shouldn't be to exciting to you regulars. I mean "This picture is of me field stripping the weapon, this is me putting it back together..." and etc. I'm still a day later crazily excited. :bowdown:

8. thedude11

thedude11 New Member

Where is this? :o

Charleston area?

9. Gotcha38

Gotcha38 OT Supporter

I live in Florence. The Paladin Training place is based in Florence. So only like 2.5 hrs from you if you're in Charleston.