GUN Just got back from SHOT 2008 v. review v. pics to come eventually

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by PanzerAce, Feb 5, 2008.

1. PanzerAce

PanzerAce Active Member

:wavey: didn't see any of you fucks (I think), but w/e.

Some reviews of shit (not that you care)
    FN: Their SCAR-L/H was awesome, as were their bolt actions. The FNP pistols that they had on display SUCKED BALLS. I don't know if it was just all the people that had been finger fucking them, but the triggers all sucked balls.

Bushmaster/Magpul: Epic fail. I don't know how much of it was B's fault, but the ACR/Masada sucks. It's heavy, awkward to use, and offers (imho), nothing for all these downsides. Want a nice non-AR platform? Get FN to offer the SCAR-L in Semi auto. Since that is more likely to happen then anything worthwhile coming from the pile of shit that is the ACR/Masada. I didn't get to see the .308, hopefully they don't fuck it up as bad.

Troy: Winrar. their new rail does everything the DD Omega Rail does...for less than half the price.

ARMS: Winrar. They are coming out with a new folding front sight that looks like a regular A2 from a distance, and cant accept the same modifications that a real A2 does.

Sako: 404 triggers not found, they were all replaced with mind reading guns.

Beretta: Fail and Win at the same time. The Px4 is awesome, and it is coming in .45. On the other hand, the Neos .22lr trigger needs to be completely thrown out.

HK: :wtf:? Some rep was trying to claim that they were pulling MOA shots out of the 415/416 (whichever is the .308), at 1200 yards.....with a 12" barrel :rofl: Stupid fucks.

DSA (FAL manufacturers): Epic fail. Their customer service people/whoever was working their booth at SHOT needs to be shot. Fuckers can't answer a single question without brushing you off, and outright lied to me. Sure, they might make great rifles, but I'm not going to be buying, especially since this backs up my opinion after they refused to do work on one of their own rifles for someone in CA.

Ask about a product/company if you don't see it up there. I didn't really leave the gun company booths :o

2. xpinchx

xpinchx hes got a nice cock, on the thin side but its stil

I'm just here for the pics.

3. Gimik

Gimik New Member

wtf. I never saw you :squint:

I didn't ask a lot of question, just walked around and looked at the pretty guns.

4. PanzerAce

PanzerAce Active Member

:sadwavey:

Once hoss gets back from wherever the hell he went and posts pics, you might realize you did in fact see me :o

5. Gimik

Gimik New Member

I agree with all of this. The SCAR was awesome. The magpul was super heavy in general and especially in the front. Didn't feel all that great. It could have been that configuration though. I did like the feel of the materials though - good grip and comfortable rubber feel.

6. PanzerAce

PanzerAce Active Member

:hsd: I couldn't even pay attention to the materials for how pissed I was at B and M for raising my hopes about the gun then giving me that steaming pile of shit :o

7. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

So when is the Civi SCAR suppose to come? I'd like one but I don't want to wait for ever, already had my chain jerked for the last year.

8. PanzerAce

PanzerAce Active Member

I didn't hear anything about a civi version (and all the display ones were FA). AFAIK, based on what I know about their AR contract, as long as they have a military contract for the SCAR (dunno if they actually do), they won't be making a civilian one. I'm going to email them later probably.

9. Gimik

Gimik New Member

it was a lot bigger than I thought it would be, too.

Other thoughts:

LOVED the HK45 fullsized. The grip is the most comfortable I've ever had my hand around. seemed to point perfectly for me. I liked the SA trigger, but the DA trigger is probably something everyone will still hate.

The HK45 compact seemed to have the same frame as the USP compact. Not sure what's up with that, but they were mega-busy, so i didn't ask. I WILL be buying a fullsized though.

The MP7 was TINY and very light. Would be fun to shoot I think.

Bushy has a .50BMG bolt action with a 10 round mag. Looked pretty good. Retail was $4500 I think he said.

I know... I suck at reviews, but I saw all the stuff I wanted to see :mamoru:

10. PanzerAce

PanzerAce Active Member

I didn't see any of those HKs :o I basically only stopped over there to check out the piston rifles, G36, and the grenade launcher while Hoss played with the MP5s.

11. kds000

kds000 New Member

thoughts on the magpul glock carbine?

12. Gimik

Gimik New Member

oh, and I'd never heard of it, but Ruger is making a P3AT clone:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I keep hearing different stories on if they'll have one or not :hs:

14. PanzerAce

PanzerAce Active Member

magpul was socked in with people trying to suck their dick the entire time. Didn't get closer than 6 feet to their booth at any time.

15. PanzerAce

PanzerAce Active Member

Oh, another thing:

FNAR: GOD DAMN THAT SHIT IS HEAVY.

16. SLED

SLED build an idiot proof device and someone else will

hey homo, send me all the pics u took

17. Keesh

Keesh New Member

Did you get to stop by Pro Arms? They have the new MK5 model out that I haven't gotten a chance to play with yet.

That sucks about the Masada, after looking at the newer pics it did look like it would be pretty heavy and awkward.

18. Sardaukar

Sardaukar Active Member

TTIWWP.

19. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

ok, im going to be posting some pics soon so hold your horses :mamoru2:

p.s. some are pretty blurry :o

20. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

You guys have made me sad, why does the masada feel so much worse than an ar? :( Its like finding out the really beautiful girl is dumb.

21. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I blame bushmaster. :mamoru:

22. PanzerAce

PanzerAce Active Member

think of it more as myspace angles making you think she was beautiful in the first place, then you find out shes a 200lb, 5 foot tall fatass.

23. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

Sad doesn't begin to express my emotional state :( Interchangeable barrels! Sexy features! Striking futuristic styling! All a tease....

24. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

The new ARMS sight: pretty fucking badass, and i don't even like flip-front sights. Gives you a standard A2 style front sight, but folds up like any other flip front. If you are using a rail that surrounds the gas block, it folds below the rail for complete use (if that makes sense). pretty cool.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

terrible pic of the new Knights Armament SR15. its supposed to be of the "auto" selection :naughty:
    [​IMG]

new FNP .45's. trigger pull has GOT to be at least 20lbs. not much else about them to say
    [​IMG]

PanzerAce holding the new ACR/Masada. Read his review to find out how big of a piece of turd it is.
    [​IMG]

.50 :boink:
    [​IMG]

H&K MK19 :bowdown: pretty fucking awesome
    [​IMG]

G36's. the compact is pretty cool, i messed around with it for a minute. Seems like a DECENT platform :dunno: i'd get one
    [​IMG]

H&K 417's. while i was holding the 12" model (bottom) i overheard the H&K rep telling someone that the guys at Quantico were routinely making 1200 meter shots with the 12" one :rofl: ok, pal.
    [​IMG]

MP5's :bowdown: i have an utter obsession with MP5s and loved them all. couldnt get a very good cheek weld on the SD or navy model (full stock would be better), but the MP5K was pretty nice :coold:
    [​IMG]

FN SPR :bowdown: really nice rifles. trigger on them is pretty nice, but as Panzer said, the Sako is un-fucking-believable. these are strong contenders IMHO for the Remington 700P and Savage 10FP :coold:
    [​IMG]

FN SCAR-L. very nice rifle. beats the ACR/Masada like Panzer said. Handles well, is decently light weight for what it is. dont know if it can out do the AR platform in terms of accessories but definitely holds its own. :bigthumb:
    [​IMG]

:coold:
    [​IMG]

M249. love to own one :bowdown:
    [​IMG]

Trijicon TA33-8 (3x30 with .223 BDC). this one has the amber reticle. the rep would not shut up about how amber was better than red despite everything i've heard from almost every LEO i know. rep said he uses the TA33 when he does 3-gun, said he has no problem. farthest shot he said he made was ~350 yards. i plan to get one, but with a red reticle :fawk: very light (under 7ozs) and pretty cheap too.
    [​IMG]

ah, this brings us to my personal favorite from SHOT 08: the new Troy Industries MRF-DI (modular rail forend drop in). fucking awesome rail system. it attaches in a similar way that the daniel defense omega rail does, but is literally half the cost. i told the rep i was originally planning to get a KAC RAS, but it wasnt free float. then DD came out with the omega rail, but i dont like the monolithic appearance it gives. Troy does everything i want for cheaper. :bigthumb: to troy.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    p.s. i asked the DD guys if they were going to offer a gen-2 version of the omega rail without the rail extension on the top - they said no.

The MGL-140. 40mm multishot grenade launchers. fucking badass. their brochure says that 6 rounds of 40mm HE can effectively cover a 20x60 meter area in 3 seconds :eek5:
    [​IMG]

Springfield Armory M1A's :bowdown: love these rifles. i willl probably end up getting the standard walnut style stock (top) with some type of optics.
    [​IMG]

SOCOM 16 and SOCOM II
    [​IMG]

more :wackit:
    [​IMG]

new Smith and Wesson M&P line up. pretty nice handguns, i didnt realize the trigger was hinged on their semi-autos :dunno: didnt really appeal to me. their j-frame with night sights is pretty sweet, though. i'll probably get one in .38 :coold:
    [​IMG]

walther PPK/S. good enough for James Bond, good enough for me :coolugh: no really, they're nice little guns. the dude who was standing next to me couldnt figure out how to release the slide. i told him to take the mag out and sling shot it :hsugh:
    [​IMG]

definitely want one of these for a daily driver :eek5:
    [​IMG]

DSA FAL. nice looking rifle, too bad their customer service is shitty.
    [​IMG]

more FALs
    [​IMG]

benelli defense shotguns. really nice. one of these will probably be my 2nd shotgun.
    [​IMG]

more:
    [​IMG]

all in all it was a great trip. as Gimik said, the new H&K USP 45's are very nice. fit my hand like a glove, i also love their compacts. was not impressed with the FN .45's nor the masada - pity, i had high hopes for that rifle. the H&K 417's handled well, but fuck them cause they'll probably never sell to civilians. they didnt have an XM-8 either, probably gave up on that hopeless shit. i was hands down impressed the most by Troy and ARMS. :dunno: ask questions cause im sure im forgetting things.

:wiggle:

25. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter