Just got back from Matrix Revolutions. (duh, spoilers)

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Timmay, Nov 5, 2003.

1. Timmay

Timmay New Member

Anyone else seen it?? Kinda meh in my opinion. Though part of that is probably due to the fact it could never live up to the ending I had thought it to be or expected out of them.

But still, it bit off more than it could chew, then just rushes through the end. Would've been better as a 3 hour movie and taking the ending a little slower IMO. Or just making other parts shorter. I was hoping they'd go more into detail about other stuff such as the Merovingian and Persephone, and other characters and concepts they introduced but never bothered to explain. :hs:

But at least it ended the trilogy happily ever after. (Sort of? :dunno: )

2. Timmay

Timmay New Member

My bad at not reading the sticky and posting in the right forum. It's 3am here. :o

3. NomaN

NomaN Guest

How did they explain the death of the Oracle, or at least her change...

4. Timmay

Timmay New Member

Apparently was deleted for helping Neo and the others, but found another shell? Yet another thing they could have gone a little more in depth about, but I guess it's supposed to be open to interpretation.

5. Your Queen

Your Queen Guest

SUCKED

ending trilogy happy? how many open ended situations? the only ones that closed.... trinity and neo obviously can't play anymore, no more deaths in xion, but in general? nothing else was closed... even the period of "treuce" was vague in the time it would last...

Seriously, I'm with you on this one... matrix 1 > 2 > 3...

too much action, NO plot, no explanations...

6. Typingsux

Typingsux Guest

I ran out for reloaded and it sucked so bad I'm not going to even bother with this one.

7. Your Queen

Your Queen Guest

HERE's the explanation.... REAL oracle actress DIED so they needed to write in some crazy ass change quick without reason.

What a horrible movie.

Ack. I feel dirty.

8. Movendi

Movendi Techno-süchtige

I thought it was shit at first but then good because i think the director made the ending so that everyone can make an ending of their own with their own views and theories on why this or that happened.

So i find it :cool: how there really was no direct ending

9. thetruesms

thetruesms Active Member

10. Timmay

Timmay New Member

Yeah, I was really hoping for it to be mainly taking place inside the matrix and dealing with all the weird shit there. Not some huge-ass 30 minute action sequence straight out of mechwarrior. Most of the theorized endings for the movie were way better than the movie actually was. I mean by the beginning of the movie when it showed the machines loving I knew they would end in peace, but they could've made it come about in a much cooler way.

11. darthmushu

darthmushu Guest

I think that is what bothered me about it. I had so much time and thought invested in the movie I wanted everything answered. :hs:

12. Timmay

Timmay New Member

Yeah, it was like a cheesy fairy-tale ending yet they leave it open so they can make a sequel should they ever need the money.

Hell I preferred the ending to the first one when I assumed it was only going to be one movie. :dunno:

13. darthmushu

darthmushu Guest

I agree. Most of my friends said fuck the sequels. They are just goign to watch part 1 from now on and pretend there were no other films.

14. SICK GUY

SICK GUY 69, DUDE!!

same here

15. Faithless

Faithless щ(゚Д゚щ)

Well, it was entertaining to LOOK at. It just lacked the symbolism that was in all the other films. This one was pretty much action the entire time. I liked the first one the best. :)