GUN Just got a rail mount setup for my Mac-90

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by lmmaculate, Nov 21, 2006.

1. lmmaculate

lmmaculate New Member

Wondering what to throw on it. It replaces the gas ports so It has to be a scope of some kind. I am already damn accurate with it. I shoot with AR/M4's all day at 50-100 yards open sighted. I like the sights how they are. But to mount something on the rail is going to pretty much fuck that all up considering it will be right behind the sight. It's an Ultimak rail http://www.ultimak.com/products/M1b.jpg

Anyone dealt with these before? Good, bad, Ugly? If o what do you have on yours?

http://www.ultimak.com/pic11.htm This is what it will look like, But that isn't a mac, You can tell by the open sight ring.

2. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

some of the gas tube mounts are pretty solid not sure how that one is. I prefer the side rail mounts myself though but if you like the scout style setups then that should be alright.

3. lmmaculate

lmmaculate New Member

Yeah this is the only rail mount I could find for my mac. You know of any others?

4. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

You can put the standard style side rail on but it means you'll have to drill into the side of the reciever, not too dificult to install but some people dont feel comfortable doing it. Side rail would be my first choice how to do a mount on an AK, depending on the mount you use on the rail you'll probably still be able to use iron's. Other choices would be the way you did with scout style or they also make handguard replacement rails that has a rail that comes back over the reciever cover to mount a optic on, wont be able to use irons with that though, heres a pic of that style

[​IMG]

5. Vermincelli

Vermincelli Banned

slap a set of BUIS on it from an AR and a Eotech and you are set to go to the mall.