MIL Just got a letter from Miamiboi at his Airforce Training

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by AKing, Jul 18, 2005.

1. AKing

AKing It's like we've got each others backs

A while back miami boi posted how his parents didn't accept the idea of him going to the airforce. His father offered him 100k to not go but he did anyway.

His letter goes

Andrew (me Slob)

Sorry for the handwriting but I have barely anytime to write. Make sure you get a guarenteed job B4 joining man. Damn I'm in the 322 ( or 3ZZ) training squadron. My staff sargent is vldias (or uldias). This is basic was nothing like expected. Its a complete shock to see people younger then you in there 6th week yelling there head at you. personally I think this is easy as hell and the PT is so fucking easy. Can i get a HOO-ALL. Just get in shape and advice.- Run 3 miles and do pushups and sit ups. Write back and let OT write back but just letters taht won't let me get in trouble ( that means no goatse you sicko's) cause I'm already tired (tined) of pushing texas.

Big Dawgs Bite Ho-ALL
    Renzo

sounds like hes having a fun time. :x:

Last edited: Jul 18, 2005
  2. hitnrun99

hitnrun99 New Member

hoo-all? wth.....

BTW, I suggest you edit out his info because there are a lot of anti-war/dirty hippie/commies who would love to use that info against him. Why don't you have people send their best wishes for Miamiboi through your PM and then you can collect it all and send it out at the same time.

3. AKing

hmmm i didn't know that. yeah let me just get his name. and the Ho=all i think he meant Hourah

4. hitnrun99

hitnrun99 New Member

I'm thinking you should PM Slob.

5. Ranger-AO

Ranger-AO I'm here for the Taliban party. Moderator

Yup. Getting a guaranteed job before heading off to basic is Rule # 1.

Slob - would you mind PMing me with his address? I'd like to shake the hand of a man that enlisted in the military instead of taking $100K - but I'll have to settle for sending him a thank-you letter instead. :bowdown:

6. AKing

Please send me your pm messages and i will mail all the messages to him. Much appreciated guys.

7. AKing

Also i don't understand by guaranteed job before getting in?

8. Ranger-AO

Ranger-AO I'm here for the Taliban party. Moderator

You should get in writing a guarantee from your recruiter that the job you request will be given to you. You have to do this before going to basic training. Once you head off to basic it's too late to get a guarantee.

By the way - the guarantee only means that you will be sent to training for that specific job. If you flunk out of the training program for the job, the military will pick another job for you - just like if you had joined without a guaranteed job.

9. scottiemac

scottiemac It's time to shoot some hot dogs!

One thing I'd like to add from personal experience, make sure the job you want is typed, not written in pen. The one in pen was the correct job, but the typed up paper had the wrong AFSC(job), it was off by 1 number. I wanted 2S0x2, I got 2S0x1. So instead of having a computer room job, I work in the supply warehouse. I didn't learn about this typo until halfway through basic.