Just got a girlfriend but....

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Chris90210, Jan 30, 2005.

1. Chris90210

Chris90210 New Member

we have been dating for a couple of weeks and i ask her out tonight and she says yes. the thing is when she got out of my truck she said "i love you" i don't know really what to think i know its very early to be saying that but........... what should i do in a way it kinda worries me but at the same time it doesn't bother me.:ugh2:

2. Gonrad

Gonrad OT Supporter

The way she said I love you,doesn't necessairly mean she is IN love with you.

Saying I LOVE YOU is a big thing, but sometimes the way you say it has different meanings.

Like if you look someone into their eyes, and are up close against them and say I love you, means differently then say when that person is walking away and just says "ok, I love you, bye". Correct me if I'm wrong. :dunno:

Don't worry, if it bothers you, ask her what she meant by it and how she feels that you aren't quite ready to say it yourself.

My ex told me about 2 months in, and I didn't tell her until the day I broke up. Weird huh.

3. IslanderOffRoad

IslanderOffRoad Do you even lift kit? OT Supporter

Eh, that word gets thrown around so much these days that its really hard to know if they mean it or not. I'd brush it off for now, alot of girls think its "cute" to say it to every guy they know.

If you start seeing papers with her first name and your last name written in the margins though, run away.

4. JohnDoe

JohnDoe Guest

to some people it doesnt mean shit. A lot of boyfriends say that to a chick to get them to feel attached.

5. Lyzardegod

Lyzardegod Guest

:werd: and a :rofl: :rofl:

"I love rice, I love shopping at the mall, I love hanging out with the girls blah blah blah."

Yup, they think it's cutesy. Go by actions. If you get the flu and she shows up with Nyquil and chicken soup that's more akin to love than a flippant verbal 'i love you'

6. Chris90210

Chris90210 New Member

yep i already had a relationship like that and thats the reason i was worried.

Gonrad i think that your right about the way she said it cause she was just getting out of my truck and just said it(then she hit her head on the handle thing above the door). so i'm fine now about it thanks for the help

7. Gonrad

Gonrad OT Supporter

That's like how my ex said it.

We parked at a restaurant and just before we got out I leaned in for a kiss and she jokingly backed off (we did this sometimes to each one another).

Well, I pretended to be pissed and said "Ok, fine, whatever..." and as I got out, I heard her say "Aw, I love you".

It didn't click into me until we got in the restaurant and she was actin all weird like "did you hear what I Jjust said out there?"

I was like "I dunno, what?". And she didn't tell me. She dragged this on for most of our dinner until I finally figured it out.

We talked it through and she was a bit upset I didn't respond but I didn't want it to seem like there was a gun to my head about it.

Anywho, it took her a few more months until she finally meant it for real.

So yea, just brush it off now and watch how she says it next time.

8. Carpet Liquor

Carpet Liquor New Member

Ages?

Yeah "I Love you" is too played out now and unfortunatly it's hard to tell the sincerity of it any more. :ugh:

I won't say it until I'm sure I feel that, I have been the first to say it, I've also been teh second one to say it, I've also had relationsghips where I never said it, as in never responded to her saying it. :dunno:

9. Chris90210

Chris90210 New Member

i'm 17 month from being 18 and she is 16 about 2 months from being 17

10. misfits

misfits OT Supporter

Girls tends to use love w/o knowing the real context of it. Don't worry about it.

11. Lavender

Lavender Easter is my favorite holiday...

saying i love you before you are barly dating is a BIG no no. i make sure i don't say it before the guy does.

12. BADASSADOR

BADASSADOR New Member

I'd say the girls who say it to friends say "love ya" or something like that.. I wouldn't think saying 'I love you" is meant to be cutesy. But there's a good chance she doesn't really mean it.. I'm guilty of that..

13. krott5333

krott5333 Guest

just dont say it back, and you're home free

14. Gonrad

Gonrad OT Supporter

Wow, don't you find it hard to do that at times?

I mean, aren't women the ones who fall head over heels for a guy?

15. Chris90210

Chris90210 New Member

well this is according to her the 2nd time she has really had a bf(serious relationship). i'm sure she didn't mean it like that because we have been friends for years just never really dated.

16. Lavender

Lavender Easter is my favorite holiday...

I've been hurt to many times to fall in love. I try to protect my heart as much as possible in a relationship untill i know that he is ready for a real commitment. so far, i've had three guys fall in love with me. but i just didn't fall inlove with them. I dont like saying i love you. people use it too often when they don't mean it. next time i say it, i'll mean it. and all the guy's i date know that.

17. dijital

dijital New Member

now if she starts picking out curtains and shit, you are F'd!

18. Don't worry about it, I don't think she means it in a "I want to spend my life with you and Id do anything for it" way... Sometimes girls just say that. And guys. My boyfriend did that first and I was kind of shocked.

19. Bugalu

Bugalu OT Supporter

I just say "I love u2" it sounds like your really saying it, but you shouldent feel bad, cause U2 is a really good band.

20. Muricane

Muricane Active Member

"I love spending time with you" is the proper response to that. :o