Just got a free Palm Tungeston E2

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Necromancer, Jan 16, 2008.

1. Necromancer

Necromancer Guest

My old man didn't need his anymore, practically brand new. He kept it in a hardshell cover for it's whole live. He also gave me stylus 3 pack, 1gb card, and this thing called Ink link that he's never used. You can write on a sheet of paper with the supplied digital pen and it will transfer to the palm.

The documents-to-go is awesome. It's amazing to be able to pull out my palm and write addition notes to certain projects I have going on. Except the fact that it won't hotsync nor can I add files through the documents-to-go 7 app. I have the latest one for Vista but I keep getting some error so I guess I have to contact them.

I wish it had wifi but from what I understand I can just get a wifi card that fits into the SD slot. Does it work well? What other cool shit can I do besides games?
  2. Necromancer

Necromancer Guest

So I had this weird screen whine but found out it was easily fixed by changing the processor clock speed. I'm using PXAclocker and over clocking to 332mhz (200 reg.) and is safe up to 400mhz.

The reg Adobe pdf reader sucked so I found PalmPDF which rocks. And ptunes, much better then the RealPlayer it came with.

I plan on buying a few another 1gb SD card or two (cheap on newegg ~10 bucks) and maybe a SD slot WiFi card if I can find a good deal on it.

I'll probably upgrade to a Treo, HTC Touch or some other smartphone sometime this year now.