Just got a Dell 710M!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Tyler Durden, Mar 2, 2006.

1. Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden New Member

only thing i dislike is the glare on the screen,i could hardly see the screen in my office, anyone else have this problem???
    also, considering this is my 1st computer in 6 years, what are the must haves??? virus protection, firewalls, etc.??? i want to download music/videos w/o wrecking my compuer and dont need some hacker ruining my life. thanks in advance!
    Tyler

2. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

1. 3M makes a stick-on anti-glare screen protector that will make your eyes feel better. Technically it's made for computers with touchscreens, but that don't matter none.

2. Windows XP has a firewall built-in. It works well enough for what most people subject their computers to. I wouldn't use it on a server, though, but your computer isn't a server.

3. I like Norton Systemworks for general computer maintenance. It includes a good antivirus program. Some people report problems when they try to uninstall it, but I've not had those problems and frankly, I wouldn't want to uninstall it. You might be able to snag a copy of the 2003 version on eBay; it doesn't have the same restrictions as the newer versions, if you care about that sort of thing.