SRS Just got a call from my mom v.pending divorce

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by deusexaethera, Dec 23, 2006.

1. deusexaethera

deusexaethera New Member OT Supporter

Jan 27, 2005
    She left me a short voicemail saying this was the worst anniversary she's ever had, then she started crying. Fortunately, she had the presence of mind to hang up.

She really seems to be at a loss to understand why my dad wants to leave after 27 years. At the same time, though, I don't feel bad about the divorce. I would have preferred it if they would have come up with some magic solutions to their problems (and they certainly tried, but every problem they resolved uncovered another problem), but going separate ways means I won't have to wonder whether they're going to get along the next time I see them. And, it means I won't have to act as liason between them for the first time in my life, because they won't communicate much anymore.

That said, I do feel bad that my dad made her spend her anniversary alone, even though she made my dad spend last anniversary alone. That's gotta suck pretty bad.
  2. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Oct 8, 2002
    This to me shows that you indeed have been a liaison between your mom and your dad. And that you state that you think its fortunate that she hangs up. Is a clear signal that you are fed up by acting as a glue substance between them two.

27 Years isn't Nothing. Although i must admit that it isn't the first time i've dealt with cases like this. Because even after 30 years a man might decide to run off with a younger girl. Personally i can feel for your mother and share the thought that it must be absolutely the WORST thing to happen. From your side however it is fortunate and you feel relief from the burden. I don't blame you, i think by now you are far past and are an adult individual who is ready to lead his own life.

Love acts as the glue which keeps people together , thru better and thru worse.

You know you have two options, you can say fuck it its not my bussiness, or you can say , my mother really needs my support right now.

Blood runs thick, and i personally would throw myself in the fire if neccesary to save my mother. I would not hesitate to pick up the phone and comfort my mother, by any means possible. I mean she gave all her years to raise you, and to give her the cold shoulder is something that is not appreciated. I can give you one more example tho.

When everything goes alright in your life its easy to say 'the fuck' to everything right? Things sure changed when i got into an accident , i can assure you that i was hella happy when i saw that firefighter get me out of the mess i was in by lending me a helping hand.

The true meaning of how important it is to help others becomes evident when you are helpless yourself and in dire need , that helping hand truelly becomes appreciated, compared to the gesture go rott and die.