Just found out I have a hernia....

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by quickone, Jun 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quickone

quickone New Member

FUCKIN' COCK! I was finally getting my routine back too. First time having one and first time going to have surgery...who else has had one...how long before you were back in the gym?

2. terse

terse New Member

sorry to hear. i had one a few years back and it kinda sucked. doctor told me to not do any heavy lifting for a few weeks, but i was back in the gym in 1 week doing light/moderate lifting to maintain.

the surgery itself is pretty easy though. i was in and out of the hospital within 4-5 hours.

3. quickone

quickone New Member

How'd it feel afterwards? did you get any pain meds?

4. Thomas Crenshaw

Thomas Crenshaw New Member

your lucky its not an appendix. shit had me out for like a month and a half bc i had it done laproscopicly.

i wouldnt do anything that would hit your core for a good 2-4 weeks.

5. Matt2000ss

Matt2000ss OT Supporter

that sucks bra!

6. terse

terse New Member

i didnt get any pain meds, but i guess you could if requested. every time i coughed or sneezed, it felt like my muscle (where i had the opening) was going to RIP apart again which hurt like a BITCH.

worst pain in my life, so try not to cough, sneeze or exhale hard post-surgery. :o

7. quickone

quickone New Member

Damn if it was hurtin I'd think they would have given u something. And did they go thru ur bellybutton? I heard that would be easier.

8. terse

terse New Member

i guess i could've gotten some meds, i just didn't ask. and no, they didn't go through my belly button.

9. quickone

quickone New Member

I gotta call and make an appointment today...shitty thing is i'm moving in a few days...bad timing.

10. kopetzki

kopetzki Banned

i had hernia surgery but it sucked because they had to put several patches in there, i had left it untreated for about 4-5 years. So it took me a good 2 weeks to recover and another month out of the gym after that.

11. quickone

quickone New Member

Damn...yeah this just happened...didn't even happen at the gym either (probably root cause though)...i believe it was because my friend had me struggle to put the weight up for a while when i was stuck halfway...he wanted me to get it up on my own..which i did...but I was not breathing right...i think i was holding my breath...bad idea....didn't feel anything until the next night when i went to run up the hill to my apt to grab something and BAM...felt like someone took a bat to the top of my inner leg...could barely walk rest of the night.

12. 4cd-Air

4cd-Air Rape seemed like the next logical step

expect to be out 6-8 weeks

13. KingGargantuan

KingGargantuan ♖♘♗♕♔♗♘♖

what kind and where is it located? how big/small?

14. Netbastard

Netbastard OT Supporter

I get this sharp pain in the bottom right of my abdomen it comes and goes don't know if it's a hernia or just a muscle strain. I should get it checked out but I procrastinate to much.

15. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

Ouch.

Good luck man. Recovery seems to be very dependent upon individual situations and severity of the hernia. Some people are back at it a couple week later, some need a couple months for full recovery.

16. mitrong

mitrong so cute

ive had two inguinal hernias (same spot)... life sucks a big one for the first 2-3 days, but after that its no big deal.

17. quickone

quickone New Member

it's in my nutsack and i don't think its THAT bad...not sure...i just know when it popped it hurt like fucking hell the rest of the day

18. thefuckon

thefuckon New Member

I have one also....the pain shoots down my right butt cheek and thigh. I did some therapy and got the shots but my doc said I didnt really need the surgery. :dunno:

It hurts all day when I do cardio.

19. Plato Spaghetti

Plato Spaghetti OT Supporter

that sounds like sciatica or a pinched nerve via disc or something. there is no therapy for hernia. you're talking about a herniated disc.

20. thefuckon

thefuckon New Member

:bowrofl:

wait, they don't massage your anus?

21. Mr. Monopoly

Mr. Monopoly OT Supporter

I had one taken out about a year or two ago. I won't say that it was pleasant, but the surgery itself wasn't too bad. Recovery was a bitch though. Hurt to walk and I didn't want to lift jack for about 3 weeks afterwards. Vicodon made it a little better though.

22. KingGargantuan

KingGargantuan ♖♘♗♕♔♗♘♖

i used to get something like that. could be torn/strained soars muscle. pm gogzilla about it, i thnk he had similar problem. mine went away when i started squatting ass to grass. :dunno:

23. BlkDrgnZ28

BlkDrgnZ28 OT Supporter

i had the same kind that you had. i had a right inguinal hernia and had the laprascopic surgury which was a faster healing time than the traditional. mine sucked for a long time after the surgury but i had mine for a year or so before i go around to have surgury done. the first day sucked doing anything using your core sitting up, peeing, anything and try not to eat too much the first few days pooping can hurt. but the next 6 months sucked for me cause when i strained or was on my feet for long periods of time it felt like i was being kicked in the balls with a sharp shooting pain. expect 2 weeks min more realisticly a month and its still gonna hurt. after 4 days i quite taking my pain loritabs and just switched over to tylenol to have some spare pain killers for next time i hurt myself. i pissed the hospital i had my surgury done at off cause i wouldn't go out in a wheelchair, its livable but a lot of little shits gonna suck for a month

24. ZaC851

ZaC851 New Member

I've had my hernia about 2 years now and no insurance to get it fixed. Mine pops out on my lower abdomen, and swells and just hurts like hell. It will stay swole for a few days then go down. So far its been gone about 6 months now since its popped up, and I've found that if I watch my breathing (i tend to hold my breath on reps) I can prevent it.

25. CrackityJones

CrackityJones OT Supporter

my buddy's had two. he didn't take any time off, just refrained from doing squats for a couple weeks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.