MMA Just fought in a Charity boxing event

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by Optamix, Apr 27, 2007.

1. Optamix

Optamix New Member

My school (Ole Miss) every year holds the KA Fight Night were you can enter to fight in a boxing tournement and they give a ton of money to charity. Since my fight got canceled(that was supposed to be Saturday) I decided to sign up.

2 guys that I train with are also in my weight class and they were pretty cool about switching the brackets around so I don't have to fight them until later.

Its a two day event, first round of cuts were last night. Tomorrow I may have to fight 3 times.

Its 3x 2 min rounds. Watching a bunch of frat kids that have never put on boxing gloves fight is :mamoru: The greek kids have their own seperate division though.

The open tourny is a bit harder. They get real fighters sometimes. But there are only 2 weight classes. 185 down and 186 and up.

My fight was against a GOOD boxer, golden gloves with tons of fights and lots of wins. But he was 130lbs :hsd:.

Had he been 170 he would probably have beat my ass. This kid was QUICK. He made me feel like I was fighting in slow motion. I just beat him becuase I'm bigger and could hit harder. I just kept putting him in the ropes and beating on him. I finally put him down 2 times in the last round and won a decision. I got in trouble once for thai clinching and tossing him around :run: It was just instinct when he clinched with me. He got pissed.

[​IMG]

This kid had great head movement. And for 130lbs he hit hard. I can't believe he busted my nose.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Showing a bit of respect for him after the fight. He seemed pissed that he lost. Like super pissed. Just left right after the event. And all of his friends(that thought he was a god) kept talking shit in the crowd about how it was a bullshit decision. Not my fault he entered a 185lbs and down division :dunno: I knocked him down twice and landed way more punches.

Not saying he isn't good, but I outweighed him by about 30lbs.

Tomorrow I have to fight a guy that is my size and has some balls, but a shitty fighter. Swings from the hips, gassed by the third round hard but not afraid to get hit. I'm gonna go play a conservitive game with him. Force him to box me and not get into a brawl war.

A guy named Corey that i train with(that can probalby beat me) is at the other side of the brackets. If we meet in the finals we are going to split the prize money. And see if they will let us kick box(its ran by some ISKA guys).

Hopefully I make the finals tomorrow, Im poor :noes:

2. Strife

Strife Active Member

good luck~

3. Optamix

Optamix New Member

Thanks.

Boxing isn't really my "thing" I prefer tieing someone into a knot.

4. >DRIVEN<

>DRIVEN< Hi

knock a frat boy out for me!

oh and good luck :cool:

5. Optamix

Optamix New Member

The former MS golden gloves champ fought. He beat me horribly 4 years ago when I did this(jesus I'm getting old). I don't think he has been training recently though..he didn't look as crisp as he did when he beat me. And he was getting tired in the third round.

My teammate corey beat him :)

Corey is the only one that has a good shot at beating me. Most of these guys just brawl. I'm hoping if we meet in the finals we can kick box. I have a better shot at beating him that way.

Me and Corey were trying to get them to let us do a exibition MMA fight, but they said no :(

Boxing is just a diffrent type of cardio than I'm used to. I was actually getting tired near the end of the third :hsd:

6. Optamix

Optamix New Member

I'm gonna try, but 16 ounce gloves and head gear make it hard to actually KO someone.

7. Sylva

Sylva New Member

Good luck man, I'm with you also, I'm a much better kick boxer than pure boxer.

8. >DRIVEN<

>DRIVEN< Hi

A good pounding will do just fine. :)

9. Optamix

Optamix New Member

So I had 2 fights tonight(some of the people dropped out).

I won my first by decision(with the pillow gloves and headgear you can't KO someone). I busted his nose and pretty much dominated him. I felt bad because I trained him [​IMG] Just the way the brackets fell and there weren't enough people to switch it around. But he didn't back down and put on a good show.

In the finals I was fighting a guy I train with all the time. Hes an assistant instructor at our BJJ club and a good kickboxer.

The event staff let us take the headgear off and do a modified muay thai match(no knees or elbows to the head) for the "championship". He beat on me pretty good. Really explosive guy and a lot stronger than me.

I was depending on being able to hurt him with leg kicks. I was tearing his front leg up. I was also looking for the head kick KO but never got it. Even threw 2 jump spin kicks [​IMG]

He put me down 3 times in the first round(a body kick, a punch to the jaw, and a leg kick that broke my balence). I the third round I knocked him down(don't know with what). ANd then he landed a burtal body kick. His shin hit my arm but his foot hit my floating rib and I lost my wind. I went down pretty hard and the ref called it.

The crowd was going NUTS. It was so much more exciting than crappy boxing.

I'm not sad I lost, I gave it all I had and lost to a better fighter.

From the finals

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. DOHChi

DOHChi New Member

u are not crocop!!!:wtc:

11. miek

miek New Member

:bowdown: thats wicked. puttin on a show for the crowd like that

12. apman0000

apman0000 OT Supporter

congrats, on making it to the finals

13. Optamix

Optamix New Member

So in desperation in the second round(new I was loosing and wanted a kick KO) I fell back into my tae kwon do and threw a round kick to a jump round kick(butterfly kick) to a spinning heel kick. The heel kick almost hit!

[​IMG]

14. kronik85

kronik85 New Member

pretty sick, was this the guy you wanted in the finals so you could split the pot with?

15. Optamix

Optamix New Member

Yea. He had a much harder road to the finals than I did too.

I figured I would lose if we fought but I didn't want to go into the fight with that mentality.

Hes a bit bigger and way stronger. Really explosive and can take a beating. I worked his legs over and he never stopped. I was impressed. The shots I got hit with(his kicks mainly) made my entire body hurt. Just a huge shock. I've never felt impact like that before.

The video will be up tonight. I go down serval times. Not so much from getting hit in the head and losing balence, just because the shock hurt so bad. I felt like I was pussying out but damn, it was brutal.

I gave him as much as I could though, he said he wasn't walking very well today.

16. Optamix

Optamix New Member

17. Atmosphere

Atmosphere PURPLE DREAM

neat :cool:

sounds like a fun concept

18. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

I would NOT be getting kicked in the face for charity. And who the hell fights in a t-shirt? :hsugh:

anyways, good work bro. Hurry up and get famous so we can see you mess up Nick Diaz before he's out of the game :x:

19. Kuet

Kuet New Member

did that guy actually break your nose?

20. Kuet

Kuet New Member

lol i can actually see whats left of your staph infection in that one pic.... GJ bro !!

21. Trueno

Trueno Bаnned bу Ѕuреr Μоdеrаtоrs

lol at back spin kick.

we need a gif of that.

22. Optamix

Optamix New Member

nah, just busted it.

It was worse the night before, he just reopened it.

23. Optamix

Optamix New Member

rewatching that...I was just outclassed :(

I started to get really frustrated and sloppy.

I've seen video's of us just sparing in class and I look way more "profesional"

I still hurt from that last kick. It knocked the wind out of me but the part that hurts today is the part what where his shin hit my arm right above my elbow.

24. Optamix

Optamix New Member

Not from the first round :( I was still stunned from getting hit and didn't have any balence. I looked goofy.

And the flying knee looks way cooler in the picture than it did in the movie. :hsd:

I was trying to hit his body so it had to stay low. We agreed on no knees to the head since we didn't /really/ want to hurt each other.

25. Optamix

Optamix New Member

:dunno:
    I remember that you can play it on Guitar Hero II though :x: