Just fixed ground loop, now have another problem

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Sp33dealer, May 21, 2009.

1. Sp33dealer

Sp33dealer OT Supporter

I've been dealing with a ground loop for over the past year, learned to live with the feedback. Finally got tired of it, tried moving my grounds around to no avail. Eventually tried a tip that suggested rapping bare wire around the RCA inputs in the back of the headunit to ground them to the HU. It worked :bowdown:, so I try to place the headunit back into the dash, and the power cuts off every time I try to put it in :ugh:. When I pull it out so it's free of the dash and in my hands, it turns back on...

I was able to sleeve it in without it turning off once and thought I was set. Drove somewhere and in the middle of the drive, the power turned off again. Any ideas what may be causing this?

I checked to make sure the large pin connector housing the power wire was firmly in, removing it and putting it back in several times. My ground wire from the headunit isn't making contact with anything when I put the headunit back in.

2. Zeromancer

Zeromancer Pampita's Love Slave

You're probably pinching a wire causing it to short out.

3. avctechsupp

avctechsupp New Member

"bare wire" ??

try an insulated wire with a small amount of conductor exposed on each end (just strip about 3/4inch off the end's and leave the rest of the insulation)

RCA connectors have two conductors: TIP, and RING.
    you prb. only want your wire to come in contact with outer ring, and not the tip. a drop of solder would help.

simplest solution: use electrical tape to hold the wire in whatever place seems to work

:)