Just finished the build/drop in of my motor...had a couple advanced questions...honda

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by mrburner, Jun 19, 2003.

1. mrburner

mrburner Ron Paul 2008

alright, that was the longest topic i could put...it's in a 93 civic coupe

the motor is an ls-vtec .020 over with billet rods and billet pistons, the entire head was resealed and all the valves were cut...it has an AC blockguard and it's got a garret t4 hybrid custom turbo kit running 6psi

with stock injectors and a vortech FMU...my computer is an EX chipped...there is an msd sci blaster 2 coil ignition with ngk wires and ngk cold plugs

alright...when you are going down the road or at any pace you could be accelerating and all of a sudden, mash the pedal and the car completely shuts down...no ignition, no fuel...like you are shutting the car off until you take your foot off the gas

could this be the car leaning out or could it be the ignition?

otherwise it runs good leaning into the gas pedal

new injectors are coming soon, but exhaust and dumptube are first

i've had a lot of problems but have fixed almost all of them but i'm just stumped on this...i didn't even realize it was happening until tonight because i've been breaking the motor in

any suggestions? thanks

2. eitan

eitan Guest

It's probably stumbling from being too rich, not too lean.

Is there any smoke? If so, what color?

3. mrburner

mrburner Ron Paul 2008

it's not stumbling, it's just shutting off...it feels like you are turning the car off until you lift your foot

its at any speed when you mash the pedal even at idle...i really don't think its from too much fuel but i could be wrong

and there is a little blue smoke but thats only if the car sits for awhile...running or not...i'm pretty when i got it back from the machine shop they gave me a bad valve seal so i'll have to take the head off and get new seals but i don't think that has anything to do with this problem

4. ChickenH

ChickenH Enita non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem.

did you figure it out? sounds like it might be boosting high enough to mess up the map sensor? throw a code and shut down.

get a missing link check valve?

Is it throwing any engine codes?