SRS just feeling stressed, and there seems liek nothing I can do about it

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by luckyirishman51, Nov 9, 2005.

1. luckyirishman51

luckyirishman51 New Member

About 3 months ago I stopped taking an anti-depressant I had taken for about a year and half. I didnt think stopping would be so hard. It was amazing how much it made me less stressed about ANYTHING.

NOTE: started taking anti-depressant cus I broke 2 arms Freshmen year, and I became very stressed, with starting high school with 2 broken arms, and I was just an anxious kid.

So I was on Zoloft.

I had strong confidence with talking to girls and people I didnt know. Socially it made me feel just comfortable as can be. At my old school I was extremely popular, had tons of friends.

School didnt stress me out, but the drug (Zoloft) made me not care about it, which got me around Cs and Bs gradewise.

My doctor and parents agreed it was time I should stop taking the drug after only a year and a half.

I noticed the effects wearing off about 2 weeks I was off the drug. It wasnt so bad, but I definitely didnt feel the same. Also I was starting at a new PUBLIC school (because of a move) so I was pretty physched about that.

Now its November, and were well into school, and it fucken sucks. First month was lonely, but what the hell Im new right? 2nd month goes the same. and now here we are. Im sick of eating lunch by myself in my car, it just seems so foriegn to me (I always have had tons of friends). It almost seems like I have lost all my social skills, I used to not care so much about what I said when I was on Zoloft. Sure I have 4 or 5 people I feel comfortable talking with IN class, but thats all.

My grades are better, all As maybe 1 B, but this is because I went to a catholic school all my life.

Im 17, good looking, junior, never had problems socially, I never thought this would happen to me of all people. I dont wanna not know anyone by the time I graduate high shcool. This is horrible.

I feel like getting back on the drug would put everything back together socially. I know it would, but its not that simple. I cant just simply tell my parents I want back on it, that would be so wierd.

What the hell should I do?

2. GlassUser

GlassUser send an email not a pm OT Supporter

Overmedication is a pillar of modern society. I guess you got used to being able to rely on it.

I've really had to struggle with overanalyzing things I say socially. Most of social interaction is of negligible importance. I think part of the solution is to just jump into it with both feet and keep going, don't give yourself time to think about what you said wrong.

3. luckyirishman51

good way of putting it

4. luckyirishman51

Are there any other tips? Honestly it seems I have forgotten how to interact with people because of Zoloft. Its horrible. I wish I had never been on it.

I could go back to my old school (25 min drive) but I would look like such a desperate bastard coming back. and I love public school besides not knowing anybody

5. GlassUser

GlassUser send an email not a pm OT Supporter

Been there, done that. Yeah.

6. J-Passport

J-Passport OT Supporter

Well personally, I didnt have any friends coming into highschool. I got my first friends when I was 17 or 18 y/o. I got kinda depressed in college because of the stresses of school, poor grades, moving away from home. The way I fixed my problem was to make changes in my life so that I could work towards the thing that I thought would make me happy. If youre upset about eating alone and being alone, why dont you stop doing that and go meet some people. You said there are people you get along with in class, why dont you ask them what they do outside of school, if you have something in common, make arrangements to do things together.

You just need to introduce yourself to people, join some clubs, goto movies, find other people who have things in common with you. You really gotta put yourself out there.

You cant depend on a drug to help you make changes in your life, you need to do it.

7. Toasty

Toasty Naked people have little or no influence on societ

For starters...stop eating lunch by yourself in the car. For goodness sakes if you want to meet people you need to at least put yourself in situations where that might occur. Being a loner is self-fulfilling.