SRS just ended it

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Low, Apr 29, 2007.

1. Low

Low New Member

9 months ago today i started going out with the perfect girl. yesterday i decided that no longer could i deal with such an imperfect relationship.

-fights
    -next to nothing in common
    -i didn't see any affection / care coming from her
    -she didn't see me recognizing her attempts
    -neither of us felt the love
    -dull conversations

im completely satisfied with ending the most modern relationship, but what we had is killing me. i wanted that back for months, but it never came. so it's over now.

long story short i don't plan to be down and out, i want to continue looking for the true one for me, but im having regrets on letting go of what once was. i just really need to be sure i did the right thing. i know there's someone on here who can describe to me the reasons why we progressivley failed so miserably... i just don't want to have the "what if i stayed" there forever.

note: we tried for a long time to end the bad things, it wouldn't work. my best guess is just we continuously got to know eachother better and the more and more revealed the more we became wrong for eachother.

2. 311-420

311-420 New Member

this sounds a hell of alot like the relationship i ended yesterday. no care coming from her etc..

all i've learned from this one so far is, that as people, we can easily get hung up on others just because of the initial physical attraction. its sad, but it seems to keep happening to me..

3. whatever

whatever OT Supporter

Its a big step in ones life to realize that the more they discover about someone the more distance there really is. Its a mature choice to end it under such circumstances.