A&P just curious what people think of my artwork :)

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by RockChick, Sep 16, 2005.

1. RockChick

RockChick New Member

i started drawing when i was like in grade 10 i think, basically cos i was bored..... soooooo bored. so i spent my day in class drawing.

unfortunately i'm not too good when it comes to drawing out of my imagination... so most of the time i have a picture out of a magazine and then i draw. not great i know.

my bf is totally convinced that i should go to artschool but i dont want that... i cant draw when people are telling me what to draw and how long i have time for it. :dunno:
    he also said i should start practicing on airbrushing as soon as he gets it all set up... so i can paint cars etc... something i would be interested in, i just think i'm not good enough for that.

so yeah, what do you people think? (again, most pics did not come out of my mind... had a pic, looked at it and started drawing... but did not "cheat", lol)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. siniquezu

siniquezu New Member

I'm almost conviced that it's a guy's darwings. Art school doesn't tell you what to draw, it shows you techniques. The work isn't bad though.

3. RockChick

RockChick New Member

why do you think its a guys drawing?

4. kronik85

kronik85 New Member

not too bad.

5. redna

redna New Member

that LOTR one on the bottom is pretty bad ass..

6. The_Eagle_Has_Landed

The_Eagle_Has_Landed New Member

they are good, art school will teach you the right technique for drawing, one you have that down you might be able to take whats in your mind and transfer it to paper, instead of coping what you already see

7. Fubar

Fubar OT Supporter

Your skill shows promise. But it's hard to say... because really, imagination > skill... anyone can be taught how to draw. You repeatedly said that you don't draw anything conceptual, just from what has already been done. So if you're serious about this, if you don't draw anything from your own ideas, atleast draw something that is not printed and then go from there.