just came into a little money

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by bugginout, May 17, 2002.

1. bugginout

bugginout New Member

i just got some money that i wasn't expecting. i plan on spending some of it on home audio. any ideas on what to get? i'm thinking spending up too 1500-2000 on a new TV and stereo. lets hear your imput.

2. GoGophers

GoGophers New Member

600 on a TV
    800 Denon Receiver 3802
    600 JBL speaks
    You can always upgrade the speakers cause the receiver is already one of the best.

3. bugginout

bugginout New Member

800 on a receiver? like i said, i don't know a lot about home audio, but isn't that a lot for a receiver?

4. CrazyInteg

CrazyInteg Honda-Acura.net OG

I came across some extra money too. I bought mutual funds

5. GoGophers

GoGophers New Member

800 is not a lot for a reciever, especially one with a 7 channel built in amp (at 105 per channel)

6. bugginout

bugginout New Member

some money will be invested for sure. however, i still plan to spend a little on myself.

7. 04

04 Guest

How about 600 to 800 on a tv. I assume you already have a DVD player, so how about spending around 300 dollars on a reciever, you dont need the 800 dollar one unless you really NEED all the bells and whistles :rolleyes: . I really doubt you need 7 channels of amplification anyways. Then with the remaining thosand dollars, spend it all on speakers, they make the most difference in your system. For the sub, how about a Rava by Adire? http://www.adireaudio.com/home_audio/Loudspeakers/exact_series/rava.htm Great sub, plenty of output. Or a HSU VTF-2 sub, http://www.hsuresearch.com/ but the Adire would be louder. Spend the remaining 600 on speakers. Ill admit, it will be hard to find 5 speakers for only 600, but what about hometheaterdirect level three satilites and center, all 5 would cost about 600 after shipping. Or B&W 300 series speakers, although I dont know how much they cost and you would need to contact a local vendor, I bet GrumpyBB would agree :big grin: ! You should probably go to your local high end stereo store (not best buy or ultimate electronics) and see what they have in store. Listen and see what speakers you think sound best. Only YOU can make that decision.