Just broke up with the gf :wtc:

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Toodles, Apr 22, 2005.

1. Toodles

Toodles You are the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the w OT Supporter

She's a wonderful gf, but we were just two completely different people. We decided to mutually end it before anyone of us seriously got hurt. She brings out the cutest personality EVER whenever we're together, and I'm already missing it. :wtc:

The relationship didn't even hit the 1 year mark, but it felt like it was so much longer. We decided to remain friends, but I know it's still going to hurt whenever we hang out. :hs:

I rented a couple of movies so I could try to take my mind off her, but as I was watching it I was already missing her presence next to me on my bed. :wtc: :wtc:

I feel like shit.

2. HalfPastGone

HalfPastGone OT Supporter

should have rented war movies man:wiggle:

anyways.. if she was such a good gf.. what was so different about you to that made you decide to break up with her? me and my girl are not so similar (different religious beliefs, music preference, and think certain things are more or less important when it comes to holding a good relationship) despite all that i can't picture my life without her and i'm only 20.. she's my bitch :bigthumb:

3. matrixan

matrixan New Member

it will take longer than one nite..... be prepared: mood swings, wanting to get back, checking emails.....................................................................................................................................................................................

4. WeRdToYoMoThA

WeRdToYoMoThA Girlies on Standby, Waiting to say Hi

broke up with mine on sunday...

was deifinately not mutual, and i definately want to kill her. fuck being friends.

5. The Scientist

The Scientist New Member

:hs: But I commend you on being smart enough and responsible enough to know that it wasn't the bettering thing for you two in the long run. It was better to end it now before you'd really drifted out to a point of no return. Things would have been much more harder to handle then. It terribly hurts right now but give it time. Everything will work itself out. Perhaps you two have some growing to do.

Maybe time apart will give you the space you need to evaluate the things that are important and worth something to you so you two can maybe meet up again and be on the same track as to what the other wants you to be. Who knows. But until then, take it one day at a time and remember the good times and let that soothe the pain for the absence. :hug:

6. The Scientist

The Scientist New Member

:hs:

From what I've read thus far, you're taking this breakup pretty hard.

No, you aren't ready to be her friend (so I'm glad you don't even desire to do so). You will also have to let go of this anger and pain for her someday as well. The sooner you do, the quicker you will begin to heal. You can hold on to this hatred that you're harboring but you must realize that ultimately, all it's doing is hindering you from moving on. It's still allowing her to win. She's still on your mind and she still consumes a part of you with the hate that you carry around in your heart for her.

Why give her the satisfaction or that power? Forgive her stupidity, leave her where she's at and move on. Work on fixing yourself and getting yourself together and less worrying about what you had or how she behaved. It's in the past and no, the past is never far but you have to leave it where it is if you're ever going to stop looking over your shoulder. If you don't, you can't see where you're going forward. :hs:

7. weakone

weakone New Member

:dunno: My boyfriend and I are complete opposites when it comes to some things, but I guess that's why they say that opposites attract.

I'm sorry you and your girl broke up. The most anyone can say is to give it time. Go out, hang out with friends, get your mind off her. Not necessarily meet other women, but just to have a good time.. Maybe with some people that you might have lost touch with while in your relationship.

8. lilceez112

lilceez112 New Member

you can be her friend but not a friend you see all the time.

i just went through the same thing, exept i was with my ex gf for 5 years.

it took me a few months but i finally got to where i could function with out her. i didnt talk to her for a while and now we talk occasionally (once, maybe twice a month). i dont see her i and i wont see her for a while. we both are dating other people now and are both happier. i would still do anything for her if she needed me to.

give it time....and go get laid.

9. Coco Monkey

Coco Monkey OT Supporter

cheer up emo single guy.

go out with your buds, drink a lot. take this one day at a time. after a few days, it starts to get a little little bit better. its not much, but damnit, its a start.

10. WeRdToYoMoThA

its not that im not ready to be her friend... its that i would never want to be friends with her after what she did to me. i am not angry at her.... im angry more at myself for believing all the shit that she was feeding me.

11. the ground folds

the ground folds rest your trigger on my finger

ur just going through the post break up phases

12. WeRdToYoMoThA

once school is over, ill be much better :hs:

13. The Scientist

The Scientist New Member

Yeah, I totally understand and believe that. But, you HAVE to STOP beating yourself up. You're not stupid, dumb, or anything else. You opened up your heart, your life even, for someone else. That's a tough thing to do. You took the plunge and made the choice. Some people can NEVER bring themselves to doing this because they're afraid of what it could lead to and getting hurt. You got hurt. BUT, you at least tried. Don't let this experience scare you off from trying again, or caring again, because only then, you'd have failed.

Your ex has taken NOTHING away from you if YOU don't allow her to. You still have every opportunity for happiness, and leading a normal life, if you forgive yourself and look at the bigger picture. But if you don't, only then will she have gotten the best of you, and then, you'd deserve a reason to be angry at yourself. :hs:

14. chlywly

chlywly Active Member

Going through the same thing right now....... yup yup

15. StuDLei

StuDLei Death before Dishonor

i just got back from iraq and the gf broke up with me. she was the one...gonna get married and all that stuff. im going through the same shit ...it sucks. but i did my best and i am an outfuckingstanding guy. ill get mine. i always do.

16. The Scientist

The Scientist New Member

:hug: Of course. I'm sure it will be her loss. It's amazing how the main people advocating that you'll be together always and forever, are the ones who usually end it. It always makes me wonder if they were ever genuine about the things they said; or maybe they feared things falling apart so they ended it before "getting in too deep".

Thing is, most people don't even realize they usually already are, or if not, the one person they've vowed to love and protect is, and they get hurt. It's crazy. The very tactics people use to prevent themselves from facing harm usually end up causing them the same harm they've tried to avoid.

17. WeRdToYoMoThA

i hate being the nice guy. i do it over and over again and it fucks me in the ass every fucking time. when will i meet a girl who actually appreciates the love i have for her?

18. WeRdToYoMoThA

im trying not to let her... but seeing her all the time really doesnt help me out. once school ends and i never see her again, it will be a little bit better.

19. The Scientist

The Scientist New Member

Of course, but it's always better to be the nice guy (even if they're known to finish last). I'd rather finish the race last graciously than to have gotten there crookedly. In due time you will. Your girlfriend was young and dumb. When she gets older, she'll hope and wish she could find someone half as caring and loving as you were. It'll be her loss though. But you keep being you and doing what you've been doing knowing that there's a really great girl out there who will appreciate and deserve the kindness and love you have to give and vice versa for you.

Yes, that can be a problem. Hopefully when you get from around her, "out of sight, out of mind" will kick into gear for you and it will become easier. We can only hope anyway. I'm sure it will. :hsd:

20. Mordaine

Mordaine New Member

yes sir thats how it happens. then time will pass, and it will wear down, and life goes on.

21. if you both love each other, i don't see waht the problem is.
    my therapist told me that human beings are supposed to be attrated to something that we are not ourselves. so we can learn to compromise with each other into better things. all the trouble you will go thru compromising might seem painful and troublesome, but it will only make your relationship stronger each time you fight.
    The relationship will mean a lot more to you in the long run because you have to work hard for it.
    BUT, make sure you two dont have trust issues.....

22. jond

jond New Member

My GF broke up with me friday night right before we got to my friends house where I had to pretend to be happy for 5 hours around 5 of my friends.

Sucks... I miss her :(

23. Chris90210

Chris90210 New Member

Give me her number:noes:

lol j/k stay strong man i totally hated my ex...... and still do but this other chick i dated i miss her every once and a while.:wavey:

24. PSUPef2K

PSUPef2K #Elite member