just bought this external hd.. did i get fucked?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by visitor, Jul 8, 2008.

1. visitor

visitor Guest

http://www.ecost.com/detail.aspx?edp=38451966

this worth it? i actually just bought one (shoulda asked first, i know, lol) came to 80.xx shipped... is it decent? if it matters, i only want it to store pics/vids/music on.. my laptops built in hd is only 120 gb (i have that in movies alone)

any input? did i mess up?

2. dissonance

dissonance reset OT Supporter

I say not bad. Warranty blows though, according to the specs on that link its only a 90 day. Seagate is 5 year and Western Digital is 3 or 5 year depending on model. I prefer to buy the drive and encolsure separate so they have their own warranties and I get to choose the drive.

EDIT: That's why I couldn't find it on Lacie's website. Its a refurb and I'm assuming an older model.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2008
  3. visitor

visitor Guest

i did see that.. its probably becuase its a refurb:(

but it fit my price range, and it (seems) like it would work for what i want..

4. cmsurfer

cmsurfer ºllllllº

Looks like a good price to me...

5. Wolf68k

Wolf68k OT Supporter

We have a few drives from Lacie, still doing fine to this day.

6. visitor

visitor Guest

good to know. thanks all! on a side.. i ordered yesterday, got a tracking number already this morning. so far a+ from ecost:)

7. eideteker

eideteker Who jarked off in my frakkin' coffee? OT Supporter

I've bought from ecost.com before - no complaints with the service, you have to watch, though, because a lot of their stuff is "manufacturer recertified". It might be good as new, but don't pay the brand new price for it.

Also, potty would be flipping out right now if he knew someone was speaking fairly of a Lacie external drive. :)