Just bought the Nokia E51

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by RyeLou, Nov 16, 2008.

1. RyeLou

RyeLou OT Supporter

I'll post reviews once I sign up for the service. I've been asking a lot of questions on here the past few weeks. I actually have another two weeks on my Verizon contract then I'll be going over to AT&T for the Nokia. Pretty excited.

2. k1d.

k1d. New Member

e51 is the shit. thats what i got.

3. RyeLou

RyeLou OT Supporter

I read around and it seems like it's exactly what I need.

It only has 3G connectivity on 850, no 1900 but even if I can't get that all the time I've never had a smart phone with internet so I won't know any better. It doesn't flip or slide both ways or anything fancy, but I wasn't sure I needed all that yet. It has everything I would use built in other than GPS, but I would use my Garmin before I ever used my cell phone for that.

My question is about the radio. Is it a transmitter for playing songs through the radio, or is it an actual radio tuner you can listen to?

steveeD, what do I need? Mini opera and Google Maps?

4. strjms72

strjms72 New Member

i have the nokia e71 and it doesn't have an actual radio tuner you can listen to, it's just a transmitter... so i don't know about e51 but since they're the e-series they are probably the same

5. RyeLou

RyeLou OT Supporter

I'm sure they are. With the live.fm and mobbler that takes care of that though. Can't wait to get it.

6. RyeLou

RyeLou OT Supporter

Alright, so I love the phone. To clarify on above, it actually has a radio tuner. I don't know if it has a transmitter or not...haven't figured that out yet.

I also can't figure out how to get Last.fm to work either. I have Mobbler installed now, but I can't seem to play any of the songs/artists I have saved using Last.fm on my computer. Am I missing something?

7. RyeLou

RyeLou OT Supporter

Also, does anyone know where I can find the settings to set up the Instant Messaing?